• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Miss America

I must admit I had my doubts as to whether another Daily Show spinoff would be viable, but Oliver has buried those doubts, jumped up and down on the freshly packed grave, and pissed on any remaining misgivings I might have had.

The only thing that remains to be seen is if he can keep up this weekly "you've got to be fucking kidding me" hilarity.

I think he can.

The show is good, but this topic is much ado about nothing.

OTOH, if you really honestly truly want to take on the topic of awarding academic scholarships on the basis of the physical characteristics of the person winning the scholarship, it is time to look at the issue of athletic scholarships.

The Miss America pageant is eerily similar to a Presidential campaign.

Okay, i'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to get an image of Hillary Clinton in a one-piece swimsuit out of my head.
Thanx for that.

On the other hand, Romney's twirling of a flaming-baton works nicely....

Especially since Carter signed Executive Order #3712 which gave the reigning Miss America launch authority over the country's nuclear arsenal. As a fun historical fact, that's why the judges always ensure that the contestants are committed to world peace.

Okay, i'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to get an image of Hillary Clinton in a one-piece swimsuit out of my head.
Thanx for that.

On the other hand, Romney's twirling of a flaming-baton works nicely....

Which one wants world peace?

Except that one women's answer to the ISIS question was more rational than any foreign policy statement by any Republican candidate in that past half century.

Back
Top Bottom