• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Missouri school district reinstates spanking as punishment: 'We've had people actually thank us'

It's sad to see that hitting children is having a come back in some of the schools.
It seems peculiar. As the kids that grow up to do bad things were generally abused and hit as kids.

Funny thing with my daughter (and her impulsiveness) is I'm always questioning how well I manage disciplining her. The question "Am I not hitting her enough?" hasn't been raised in my self-appraisals. When discussing her behavior with the schools and professionals, they've never asked "Have you tried hitting her?"

It comes down to a mentality of some that 'someone must pay'. Regardless of what it is. Someone must pay, they must be punished. And Pain always seems to be where they want to go. Whether via rape with convicted criminals in prison to a child that is talking too much in a classroom needing a wallop. Pain, PAIN, PAIN!!!!

I got my ass whooped a lot when I was a kid. I don't regret any of it however all those ass kicking's was done at home. It was either by uncles, aunts or extremely close nit neighbors (I mean the over the house so much that they became indistinguishable from family type neighbors). Schools have no business doing that IMO.
/agree
My parents whacked me from time to time, but if ANYONE else laid a hand on me for ANY reason... they would be decapitated and neck-fucked by my father back then.
a gym teacher once pushed me, resulting in my falling backwards over a chair. He was breaking up a fight between me and another student and wasn't trying to assault me. none the less, my parents ended up making him grovel, in writing, to keep his job. I think I remember my father telling me he had him investigated by Health and Human Services for potential child abuse of HIS OWN CHILDREN. He went all Gotti on that whole family after that incident (which I barely remember to this day).

Not to mention kids are shooting people these days. If they think they can go back to putting their hands on a kid during these mass shootings times they've got another thing coming.

Back
Top Bottom