• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Murder Hobos

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
I'd never heard the term 'Murder Hobos' before, but when used to describe a type of role playing gamer, it made instand sense.

The guys who roll up a character for the sole purpose of killing everything they encounter and looting the corpse. MAYBE they'll listen to the wizened Priestess trying to advance the campaign narrative before head-butting her and looting the temple, maybe not. And it probably won't matter if she does manage to get out the whole godsdamned point of the adventure, because they only want to know how many virgins live in the village that needs rescued.

Trump and his posse, really begin to strike me as a murder-hobo party. Their behavior makes much more SENSE as a bunch of murder-hobos trashing a campaign that the DM spent a lot of time on...

"Paladins do not head-butt 2000-year-old Elf Maidens!"
"It's not against the rules!"
"Page 125!"
"Oh. Well, it's not that bad."
"You could lose your paladin status!"
"But everyone does it!"
"Yeah, every fighter with tarnished armor and a fear of lightning."
"You're just jealous because no one wants to save the queen!"

And every time the city watch catches them looting a temple, they roll bluff or intimidate. Or both. And blame the orcs. And even if they fail the rolls, they still demand that the watch go behead some orcs.

They'd instantly attack an angel, on sight, just for the EP, but if a demon appears, they'll listen to the sales pitch.

Other gamers have rules like 'Never leave a man behind!' They shout 'Circle of life!', loot the wounded, and run.

Every motherfucker in the party thinks he's got an illusionist ring on. Their final escape plan is to cast an illusionary longboat, promising each other they won't disbelieve until they've rowed their way across the harbor.

我能认出几个字,但我对此一无所知。

Back
Top Bottom