• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

My PlayStation delusion?

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
Basic Beliefs
Probably in a simulation
I made system of counting lines in shapes that the PlayStation numbers fit with - circle is 1 line, cross is 2 lines, triangle is 3 lines, square is 4 lines...
see:

Anyway a while ago I tried searching for "linenum playstation"....

February 2022 search for linenum playstation - 9 results, overwhelmingly about official PlayStation things especially contacting them

November 2023 search for linenum playstation - nothing related to official PlayStation things

Note item #10 is the IIDB forums thread....

I was reading a letter from March 2022 from my psychologist to my GP that said that I "displayed significant delusional thought processes". The "delusions were very rigid and unable to be challenged". "he is making contact with local lawyers and PlayStation due to the belief that he has been told by the Internet to call PlayStation".

Well to me there seems to some kind of human intelligence behind this....

Anyway I was unable to get any kind of response from PlayStation.... I also mentioned the material I put on this website:

That isn't a question mark. Listen to the people (professionals) that you are talking to about these things. Please listen.

That isn't a question mark. Listen to the people (professionals) that you are talking to about these things. Please listen.
Don't you think the Google results are a bit odd? 9 results one time then 4,710,000 another? Nothing to do with linenum in the first search then lots of results about LinEnum? Why were a lot of the first results related to contacting PlayStation? Just a random glitch in the algorithm?

Don't you think the Google results are a bit odd?
No. Had you entered into the search engine that had nothing to do with Playstation, then maybe it would warrant discussion. However, you entered in a relatively "nonsense" term in front of Playstation. And Sony probably pays Google a decent amount to pop their Playstation site when their name was notable in the search query, and with the term "linenum" there was little reason for Google to provide anything else for results.

Please listen to your doctors.

No. Had you entered into the search engine that had nothing to do with Playstation, then maybe it would warrant discussion.
I'm saying what I entered had nothing to do with contacting PlayStation. Try searching for PlayStation on its own... in the first page of results there was nothing about contact or support....
However, you entered in a relatively "nonsense" term in front of Playstation.
When I search linenum playstation shapes in Google my things are the top three results (which are all relevant to that query).
And Sony probably pays Google a decent amount to pop their Playstation site when their name was notable in the search query, and with the term "linenum" there was little reason for Google to provide anything else for results.
But why did the PlayStation filled result have 9 results while at another time there were 4 million results (with nothing from PlayStation on the first page)? If PlayStation can pay Google to promote PlayStation more, maybe they can reduce some of the results that are problematic for PlayStation? They might think LineNum is infringing their intellectual property but don't want to be obvious about it.

BTW when I do a Google image search for linenum shapes, the Facebook and website images no longer show. It just shows one image from Reddit and the logo image for my LineNum website. Bing shows a lot of LineNum related images though. Also in Google image search for linenum symbols only Reddit and Teespring is showing up. Teespring shows my LineNum PlayStation design - that is cloned by another seller - but nothing from my own store.

Also for a little while Google had this:
screen-shot-2020-09-06-at-7-41-04-pm-png.29248

No. Had you entered into the search engine that had nothing to do with Playstation, then maybe it would warrant discussion.
I'm saying what I entered had nothing to do with contacting PlayStation.
Why are you asking questions you don't want answers to?

You asked why a search that included a nonsense term and Playstation resulted in Playstation hits on Google. There is the obvious answer, and then a more convoluted one which you are putting a lot of weight behind.

You asked why a search that included a nonsense term and Playstation resulted in Playstation hits on Google. There is the obvious answer, and then a more convoluted one which you are putting a lot of weight behind.
You said "you entered in a relatively "nonsense" term in front of Playstation""

So here are the famous PlayStation symbols:
Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 9.13.50 am.png

And here are the first 4 "LineNum" shapes:
Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 9.16.18 am.png

Am I deluded if I think there is some kind a connection between them? Or that other people might also see a connection?

You said "you entered in a relatively "nonsense" term in front of Playstation""

So here are the famous PlayStation symbols:
View attachment 44667

And here are the first 4 "LineNum" shapes:
View attachment 44669

Am I deluded if I think there is some kind a connection between them? Or that other people might also see a connection?
You said that the Internet is trying to tell you something, not that made symbols that match extremely common shapes.

You said that the Internet is trying to tell you something,
My psychologist used that wording. Well I can't really explain my point of view any clearer. Though you didn't satisfactorily explain why one search for linenum playstation gave 9 results and the same search terms later gave 4 million results.
not that made symbols that match extremely common shapes.
There is a 4/4 match (especially before I rotated the triangle). PlayStation make lots of money with that trademark including with merchandise. Other people have also made money off of it with these posters, etc.
low-res.jpg

Note I didn't just copy the four shapes - I noticed that each one matches 1, 2, 3, 4 with no numbers missing or repeated.

It seems that Google has removed most of the images from this image search - it used to show a lot more images for linenum.com.
Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 4.27.08 pm.png

You said that the Internet is trying to tell you something,
My psychologist used that wording.
You should listen to the person that is trying to help you.
Well I can't really explain my point of view any clearer. Though you didn't satisfactorily explain why one search for linenum playstation gave 9 results and the same search terms later gave 4 million results.
That is a red herring. Conspiracy theories always have some thread that can be pulled. Doesn't mean it goes anywhere.

Well I can't really explain my point of view any clearer. Though you didn't satisfactorily explain why one search for linenum playstation gave 9 results and the same search terms later gave 4 million results.
That is a red herring. Conspiracy theories always have some thread that can be pulled. Doesn't mean it goes anywhere.
You yourself said "Sony probably pays Google a decent amount to pop their Playstation site when their name was notable in the search query".... I also think that both of those parties could be involved.
If it is so obvious I am deluded then there should be a good possible explanation for the number of search results (9 vs 4 million) and mention of contacting PlayStation, etc. I believe my explanation makes a lot of sense.
So as far as your explanation of Google and PlayStation working together goes, what do you think was PlayStation's goal with the 9 result search? It doesn't seem to be promoting sales for PlayStation (like if you search for PlayStation on its own). If PlayStation wanted to advertise directly to the person doing the search I don't understand why they never responded when I tried to get in contact with them a few times in different ways.
I also believe the removal of pretty much all of my linenum shape images on Google image search had a similar reason (PlayStation having a problem with me)

Last edited:
Don't you think the Google results are a bit odd? 9 results one time then 4,710,000 another? Nothing to do with linenum in the first search then lots of results about LinEnum? Why were a lot of the first results related to contacting PlayStation? Just a random glitch in the algorithm?

Google changes its search algorithm continually. I think it will now happily match websites that pay it money even when there's ZERO to do with one of the query keys. It would be nifty if there were an option like "Use the Google algorithm of 2019" but that won't happen for several reasons.

My own webpages used to get good Google hits, but no longer.

Google search degradation is just one example of the Internet going downhill. Excellent websites have disappeared altogether (often because a hobbyist or academic goes away). Much that was free is now behind pay-wall. Many queries show almost ALL the top hits with word-for-word copies of the Wikipedia page even when the Wiki article is wrong or misleading. Wikipedia's pages themselves have undergone drastic changes, often making them less useful.

Google changes its search algorithm continually. I think it will now happily match websites that pay it money even when there's ZERO to do with one of the query keys.
Are you saying that PlayStation might have paid Google for the results it showed me?
It would be nifty if there were an option like "Use the Google algorithm of 2019" but that won't happen for several reasons.

My own webpages used to get good Google hits, but no longer.
There's difference between getting good results and not showing up at all.
BTW https://ahrefs.com/backlink-checker gives me a domain rating of 15 which is related to how high it shows in Google. edit: it would also depend on the ratings of related results
Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 7.27.41 am.png

Google search degradation is just one example of the Internet going downhill. Excellent websites have disappeared altogether (often because a hobbyist or academic goes away). Much that was free is now behind pay-wall. Many queries show almost ALL the top hits with word-for-word copies of the Wikipedia page even when the Wiki article is wrong or misleading. Wikipedia's pages themselves have undergone drastic changes, often making them less useful.
BTW I think in the case of the 9 results I think it was showing that just for me. I think it is a bit related to "shadow banning". This is where people see their posts and they think others can see the posts too but actually other people can't see their posts.

Last edited:
The quality, quantity, relevance, authority, and anchor text of the backlinks are one of the many ranking factors for Google. In fact, Google openly says that content and links pointing to a website are the most important ranking factors.
BTW I use Chrome and apparently Google is always sending information to themselves about (nearly?) everything you do. Sometimes I'd be browsing a particular item in an online store then at another site I'd see that exact item in an ad for the original store.

Last edited:
The original store probably utilizes Google's AdSense service for advertising & the other website you visited is a publisher (AKA someone who creates, manages, or owns content on a website,). There are numerous comparable services available in the market as well.

Back
Top Bottom