• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NASA's female astronauts

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
UFOTV® Presents - WOMEN IN SPACE - FEATURE FILM - YouTube -- about NASA's female astronauts. Though its distributor distributes a lot of UFO and ancient-astronaut stuff, there was none in this video. Not even a discussion of the female human(oid) UFOnauts reported by some UFO contactees.

Narrated by Nichelle Nichols, Lt. Uhura on Star Trek.

NASA originally started with military test pilots, the sort of people who'd have experience with advanced and dangerous flying vehicles. But they were all male. However, NASA assessed several women, and found them to be as good as men. But NASA stopped in 1961.

Then the Russians sent up Valentina Tereshkova in 1963, and she stayed up for 3 days, more than the total of the Americans at the time.

The Russians sent up no others until the 1980's, and neither did the Americans. But the Russians sent up a second woman, Svetlana Savitskaya, in 1982, before the first American one, Sally Ride, in 1983 ( List of female astronauts).

Confucius say: Woman in free fall will eventually wind up with crack up.

Women in space only makes sense. They are relatively smaller, have less mass, and consume fewer resources than men. And there are fewer tasks requiring large amounts of brute strength as there were, say, 100 years ago in wet navies.

The reasons why Russians had such a big gap between two female cosmonauts is because Tereshkova was not that great. Later they determined that hormones are to blame, they choose wrong time of the month to send her there.

Confucius say: Woman in free fall will eventually wind up with crack up.
I don't find misogynist humor very funny. I say that at the risk that the defenders of such humor accusing me of having no sense of humor. Meaning that if one doesn't find misogynist jokes funny, one does not find *anything* funny.

The reasons why Russians had such a big gap between two female cosmonauts is because Tereshkova was not that great. Later they determined that hormones are to blame, they choose wrong time of the month to send her there.
Where's that from?

The impression that I get was that it was a propaganda stunt to beat the Americans. Valentina Tereshkova was a textile-factory worker and an amateur skydiver. The latter was the closest to a qualification for early-days space travel that I can think of.

Look forward to seeing this next time I'm at the library. It's an interesting question why women would be excluded from certain things.

Where's that from?

The impression that I get was that it was a propaganda stunt to beat the Americans. Valentina Tereshkova was a textile-factory worker and an amateur skydiver. The latter was the closest to a qualification for early-days space travel that I can think of.

Everything space related was propaganda back then.

Back
Top Bottom