• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Nathaniel Jeanson, AiG head creotard, compares himself to Darwin

Kosh

Basic Beliefs
Athiest
I'm not sure if this a laughable or sad. AiG's "Harvard Trained" PhD creotard, who snuck his way through the program in an attempt to claim legitimacy for his YEC viewpoints, has a new book out... "Replacing Darwin...."

In this video, he compares himself to a young Darwin (Oh...the hubris!), being disrespected by the scientific establishment (who are apparently all in a big conspiracy to suppress the truth (and VERY bad math on mutation rates) that apparently only he can see.....the persecution complex runs deep in this one.

Replacing Darwin sales pitch to the gullible marks

There are other similar videos on there.

My challenge to Jeanson if he is reading this (thanks to Uncle Kenny's search bots) : Submit your findings for peer review, coward!

Maybe like Darwin, he'll have a deathbed conversion too. ;)

There it is again, using science to disprove science. Not sure if these things should even make the radar.

You'd think maybe religionists could come up with something from their magic books to explain all the things that science explains that they don't like, and not have to use science to prove how correct their magic books really are.

They're just not smart people. Clever, sometimes, but not too bright.

There it is again, using science to disprove science. Not sure if these things should even make the radar.

You'd think maybe religionists could come up with something from their magic books to explain all the things that science explains that they don't like, and not have to use science to prove how correct their magic books really are.

They're just not smart people. Clever, sometimes, but not too bright.

It is interesting (and very telling I think) how they are inconsistent with that.

Hambone will tell you "the bible is the ultimate authority and all you need" and "If it contradicts the bible, then it is wrong". But then they go to all these lengths to try and prove their myth with science. What's the point if they truly believe what they say?

(hint: there's no money in just saying "Read your bible and believe").

Last edited:
Was Darwin actually disrespected? The Origins of Life was like Einstein's relativity, while it contained great genius and observation, it didn't occur in a vacuum and plenty of science was heading to these ultimate observations.

It is a bit cliche to compare oneself to a great scientist, usually it is Galileo that gets the creationist nod. I really thought the YEC thing had died down, I mean ignoring the Ark Encounter. Maybe I'm just not looking.

Was Darwin actually disrespected? The Origins of Life was like Einstein's relativity, while it contained great genius and observation, it didn't occur in a vacuum and plenty of science was heading to these ultimate observations.

It is a bit cliche to compare oneself to a great scientist, usually it is Galileo that gets the creationist nod. I really thought the YEC thing had died down, I mean ignoring the Ark Encounter. Maybe I'm just not looking.

They are very vocal minority that are nevertheless working hard to take control of the public education system (Betsy Devos) so young kids can be taught creationism. Vice-president Pence is also a YEC from what I hear.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astr...dential_pick_mike_pence_is_a_creationist.html

I'm not sure if this a laughable or sad. AiG's "Harvard Trained" PhD creotard, who snuck his way through the program in an attempt to claim legitimacy for his YEC viewpoints, has a new book out... "Replacing Darwin...."

In this video, he compares himself to a young Darwin (Oh...the hubris!), being disrespected by the scientific establishment (who are apparently all in a big conspiracy to suppress the truth (and VERY bad math on mutation rates) that apparently only he can see.....the persecution complex runs deep in this one.

Replacing Darwin sales pitch to the gullible marks

There are other similar videos on there.

My challenge to Jeanson if he is reading this (thanks to Uncle Kenny's search bots) : Submit your findings for peer review, coward!

Ah, the Galileo gambit, the fallback of every anti-science goober in existence.

P1: Galileo was initially rejected by all the experts and turned out to be right.
P2: I am rejected by all the experts.
C: Therefore, I am right and all the experts are wrong!

Of course this ignores the fact that all new scientific ideas start out rejected by the experts, and the majority end up remaining rejected by the experts. Every single new scientific idea that was ever accepted by the experts started out being rejected. That doesn't mean every idea that is rejected is correct. The logic of this argument is patently absurd.

P1: Galileo was initially rejected by all the experts and turned out to be right.
P2: I am rejected by all the experts.
C: Therefore, I am right and all the experts are wrong!
P1: Piltdown man was rejected by many experts even before it was discovered to be a hoax.
P2: I am rejected by experts.
C: Therefore, I am a fraud

Back
Top Bottom