• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

National Debt And Stuff

Reading Da Nooz, angry right winger congress turds are very upset that Kevvy McCarthy didn't manage to gut the discretionary part of the budget. Biden seems to have smoked the GOP. Now lots of angry sputtering and threats to boot McCarthy as Speaker Of The House. This is going to be a real political Punch and Judy show. Who is going to be The Freakdom Caucus candidate I wonder? Gentlemen and Ladies, place your bets now.
Dark Brandon strikes again. For a doddering senile old fool Brandon sure keeps getting things over on the Republicans.

For a doddering senile old fool Brandon sure keeps getting things over on the Republicans.
Yup. Lawrence O’Donnell appears to have been right. Dark Brandon has made fools of them, or rather taken advantage of the fact that they are fools, again. It’s still not a done deal but looks like it has legs.

Here's the bill:
H.R.3746 - 118th Congress (2023-2024): Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2023 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

US House | Roll Call 243 | Bill Number: H. R. 3746 | May 31, 2023, 09:21 PM | 118th Congress, 1st Session

D: Y 164, N 46, nv 2
R: Y 149, N 71, nv 2
Ttl: Y 314, N 117, nv 4

Lauren Boebert was one of the non-voters. She was seen running up the Capitol steps to get to the House floor so she could vote, but she didn't make it in time. But she later claimed that her action was a protest vote.

Among those voting against it in the Republican side: Matt Gaetz, Paul Gosar, Nancy Mace, George Santos. MTG, however, voted for it.

Among those voting against it on the Democratic side: Cori Bush, Greg Casar, Pramila Jayapal, Ro Khanna, Barbara Lee, Summer Lee, Jerry Nadler, AOC, Mark Pocan, Katie Porter, Ayanna Pressley, Delia Ramirez, Rashida Tlaib, Nydia Velásquez. For it, however: Becca Balint, Maxwell Frost

U.S. Senate | Roll Call Votes 118th Congress - 1st Session | On Passage of the Bill (H.R. 3746 )

D: Y 44, N 4
R: Y 17, N 31, nv 1
I: Y 2, N 1
Ttl: Y 63, N 36, nv 1

• The Democrats who voted against it: John Fetterman PA, Ed Markey MA, Jeff Merkley OR, Elizabeth Warren MA
  • The Independents who voted for it: Angus King ME, Kyrsten Sinema AZ
  • The Independent who voted against it: Bernie Sanders VT
Likewise, the Republicans who voted for this bill were relatively moderate ones like Susan Collins ME and Lisa Murkowski AK, not right-wing ones like Ted Cruz.

So it was mostly relatively centrist Democrats and Republicans who voted for this bill, with those against it being in the left wing of the Democratic Party and the right wing of the Republican Party. Much like in the House, though I did detailed comparisons of ideology scores only for the Senate.

Back
Top Bottom