• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Netanyahu is a chickenshit

So they can steal as much land as they want and oppress millions as severely as they want and you don't care?

It is one thing to say you don't have the power to end the Palestinian suffering at the hands of a brutal government.

It is another to say you don't care about human suffering.

Hamas causes *FAR* more suffering than Israel does.

You're focusing on a molehill and ignoring the mountain.

Yes. And every time I try to unravel "who is a fault" I give up, because it an infinite stream of, "The did this, they did that." I'm starting to change my opinion of Israel because at least they are not wackaloons and if I had to live in the Middle East, Israel is where I'd go.

40%? They would just join the mutual destruction club. Iran seem seems like a rational actor to me. Do you think the US has a rational foreign policy?

Why wouldn't Israel strike Iran if the completion of Iran's bomb were imminent?

I'm just going by the article in the OP. I really don't know what Israel would do.

So they can steal as much land as they want and oppress millions as severely as they want and you don't care?

It is one thing to say you don't have the power to end the Palestinian suffering at the hands of a brutal government.

It is another to say you don't care about human suffering.

Wouldn't the rational move here be for the Palestinians to disarm completely to really get the world on their side and maybe allay the concerns of the Israeli public a bit, emulating the tactics of Ghandi? If Israel was going to wipe them out in a genocide they would've done so already

The danger is not genocide but ethnic cleansing. In the West Bank (rather than Gaza), where Palestinians under Fatah have been peaceful, they're gradually being excluded from more and more land and surrounded by fences and armed guards. Israel has cleared them from the land it wants to settle, then cleared them away from proximity to the settlements, then cleared them away from natural resources (principally water). Now the roads connecting the settlements are being fenced in and guarded to make sure that Palestinians can't access them, or cross them. Which means the West Bank is now broken up into a series of guarded camps, with the Palestinians unable to cross without permission from Israeli guards.

Meanwhile, in the more violent Gaza, Palestinians remain more in control of their own land and fate, but get shelled more. So when it comes to resisting Israeli occupation, Gaza and Hamas are generally seen as more successful.

So simply being peaceful doesn't appear to work. What was your other suggestion?

I'm delighted that the article hasn't sparked the usual automatic pro-Israel outrage.

Even at Chabad, the Rabbi backed off of a lot of his outrageous posturing.

There was a retired Rabbi and his wife who used to attend Saturday services, but they just made Aliyah to Israel. His wife would always offer a Mi Sheberakh for "All Israelis Wounded in Palestinian Terror Attacks."

Personally, this offends me because the secondary meaning is fuck the Palestinians, so it sort of perverts the whole prayer - but you can't really tell someone not to do it. Anyway now that they are gone we don't say that anymore. A friend of mine there tried to do it but I had a talk with him, and for whatever reason he stopped offering it.

I'm not sure why the Rabbi became more sensitive, I've never said anything. Hopefully he was getting some heat from other people in the congregation. It is a pleasant dream that the American Jewish community will back off their radical support of Israel.

Hamas causes *FAR* more suffering than Israel does.

You're focusing on a molehill and ignoring the mountain.

Hamas has not done a tiny fraction of what the Israeli government has done.

To even think so shows amazing ignorance of all that Israel has done in the last 50 years.

No. Most of what you blame Israel for was really due to the terrorists.

They've put far too many resources into trying to get revenge against Israel and are all to willing to use civilians as fodder instead of doing their best to build up the economy and help the poor (actions which would also allay Israeli public's concerns at least a bit and further unite the world against Israel). I think these are the actions he is referring to.

They are defending against Israeli oppression.

Oppression is violence. To say that violence can't be met with violence is to say the oppressed can't throw off oppressors.

What you are missing is that it need not be real.

Israel phones ahead, tells people to get out of the house. They run, Hamas shoots them. Presto, Israeli-caused deaths.

Hamas' reason for existence is violence. They do everything they can to ensure that violence continues. Peace means they lose power.

Israel phones ahead, tells people to get out of the house. They run, Hamas shoots them. Presto, Israeli-caused deaths.

Hamas' reason for existence is violence. They do everything they can to ensure that violence continues. Peace means they lose power.

Nice sillygism.

Now all one has to do is find the bullets from those Palestinians running from the place of the proposed Israeli attack and we'll move on. Oh wait. there is almost no evidence of that even with Israeli boots on the ground there to verify that if it were true.

How about the biased observers on the scene? They are biased against the Israelis, yet, they report Hamas missiles and mortars might have been responsible for some of civilian deaths.

OK

Now back to whether Israel knew what Hamas was going to do but wen ahead anyway to make political hay back home. That is disgusting and it is documentable. It is at the very least inhumane and at worst war crime prosecution suitable.

You've got to figure that the Chosen People, God's priests, etc are morally superior to the Pals. The Zionist argument is to make it a choice of which one should die. Seems like a trick question to me.

Meanwhile, you've also got to wonder why those big brained Jews in the IDF failed to invest in tunnel detection equipment. At first, I thought maybe they knew about the tunnels and were lying, but it actually seems they were just stupid... of course how would they know the Gazans would build tunnels.

The thing is with such a dubious army, they have to become more brutal. When payback time comes, it's just going to make things worse.

Wouldn't the rational move here be for the Palestinians to disarm completely to really get the world on their side and maybe allay the concerns of the Israeli public a bit, emulating the tactics of Ghandi? If Israel was going to wipe them out in a genocide they would've done so already

The danger is not genocide but ethnic cleansing. In the West Bank (rather than Gaza), where Palestinians under Fatah have been peaceful, they're gradually being excluded from more and more land and surrounded by fences and armed guards. Israel has cleared them from the land it wants to settle, then cleared them away from proximity to the settlements, then cleared them away from natural resources (principally water). Now the roads connecting the settlements are being fenced in and guarded to make sure that Palestinians can't access them, or cross them. Which means the West Bank is now broken up into a series of guarded camps, with the Palestinians unable to cross without permission from Israeli guards.

Meanwhile, in the more violent Gaza, Palestinians remain more in control of their own land and fate, but get shelled more. So when it comes to resisting Israeli occupation, Gaza and Hamas are generally seen as more successful.

So simply being peaceful doesn't appear to work. What was your other suggestion?

The only chance the Palestinians have is to further unite the world against Israel. The moves that Israel is making are already doing that. Disarming would go even further. Hamas as done _a lot_ of damage in preventing the world from more strongly uniting against Israel. In fact, they have created a large amount of sympathy for Israel (whether you think it is unjustified or not, the fact is, it has). What is your suggestion?

Nice sillygism.

Now all one has to do is find the bullets from those Palestinians running from the place of the proposed Israeli attack and we'll move on. Oh wait. there is almost no evidence of that even with Israeli boots on the ground there to verify that if it were true.

How about the biased observers on the scene? They are biased against the Israelis, yet, they report Hamas missiles and mortars might have been responsible for some of civilian deaths.

OK

Now back to whether Israel knew what Hamas was going to do but wen ahead anyway to make political hay back home. That is disgusting and it is documentable. It is at the very least inhumane and at worst war crime prosecution suitable.

I already presented testimony of what happens--which was promptly ignored because it didn't come from a Hamas cameraman.

Of course there is no physical evidence--how would there be? Israel doesn't use bombs where it's own troops are!

Back
Top Bottom