• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Nevada Rancher, Conservative Hero: "Negroes" Should Be Picking Cotton

Bundy just keeps right on talking

Bless his heart

BUNDY: I took this boot off so I wouldn’t put my foot in my mouth with the boot on. Let me see if I can say something. Maybe I sinned and maybe I need to ask forgiveness and maybe I don’t know what I actually said. But you know, when you talk about prejudice, we’re talking about not being able to exercise what we think and our feelings. We don’t have freedom to say what we want. If I call — if I say negro or black boy or slave, I’m not — if those people cannot take those kind of words and not be offended, then Martin Luther King hasn’t got his job done then yet. They should be able to — I should be able to say those things and they shouldn’t offend anybody. I didn’t mean to offend them.
http://thinkprogress.org/media/2014/04/25/3430830/cliven-bundy-mlk/
Well duh. He didn't think they could be offended, as he doesn't think they have feelings or motivations. But it isn't their fault... it is government's fault for creating the black Eloi.

Let me see if I have this correct.
He said something offensive and people spoke up because they were offended.
He then says that he should be able to say what he pleases and other people should not be offended.
So it offends him that people were offended by what he said?
Perhaps he should take his own advice.

Isn't this the stuff that black conservatives say all the time? Don't they always talk about how the Democrats want the blacks on a “government plantation?”

No.

It isn't.

But please feel free to find a black conservative who believes black folk were happier as slaves and that our be contribution to work is picking cotton.

Maybe they don't go as far to say that they were better off under slavery, but the idea of a “government plantation” is fairly common among them. They provide cover for people like Hannity when he trots them out on his show to say the things he wants to say, but can't.

Allen west calls saftey nets economic dependency Plantation .

Blacklash: How Obama and the Left Are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation -Deneed Borelli

Uncle Sam's Plantation: How Big Government Enslaves America's Poor and What We Can Do About It - Star Parker

Blahface,

Bundy did not stop with a critique of the welfare state and how it failed and constrained black folk. The man harkened back to ACTUAL SLAVERY NOT METAPHORICAL and said black people have nothing to do and can't seem hold our families together without slavery and picking cotton.

Hell, I have said the welfare puts you on the plantation, but I and no one you quoted ever said that the plantation is the place where black folk function best.

Bundy said just that.

Also, Jesse Peterson's thoughts on the issue are pretty close to Bundy's.

you do know Jesse Peterson is insane, right?

You are quoting insane an insane person.

EDIT

Let me amend that.

Jesse is either insane or an egotistical opportunist cashing in on a shrinking group of white folk who are fighting to keep white supremacy alive.

Or he's both.

Also, Jesse Peterson's thoughts on the issue are pretty close to Bundy's.

Of course they are.

I think every family, if it's large enough, will have that one lazy or violent person in it. The problem with these folks is, they see that one lazy cousin you have, and just assume everyone is that way. I'll even give this Bundy character that there quite possibly were dudes sitting outside as he drove by. First off, at any given time, some folks are just unemployed. Second, if they aren't, then he has no clue what hours they work, what they do, or anything of that nature. This could easily be guys watching over the kids during the day, and rushing off to their jobs at night.

He'll, we had people who would sit outside doing nothing back when I was growing up. Teens who couldn't find anything else to do, people who were retired and didn't want to sit in an unfair conditioned house, and yes, some folks who were selling drugs and the like.

Sheesh. The guy just can't even seem to apologize without being a racist shit. Pretty soon he'll be getting dressed in blackface and sing an apology...

Meh! Just another act in the great three ring onservative circus Key Stone Cops Clown Car of the racist right

"F" en Klannity and his ilk are really hiding to them yon hills on this one. Can anyone here say "put another nail in their coffin?"

Fregin crook red neck liar in bred should strongly think about running for Congress on the fair and balance republican ticket. Good ole Cliven moocher probably has a good chance since he covers about half the GOP base and positions on social justice and the American way!

The asshole got caught lying about how his family was on this land in the 1800's. When in fact his mom and dad came over from Arizona and bought the land/ranch in 1948. And then they started raising cattle in 1954 while using federal BLM land for grazing! All this so called grazing rights narrative is just your usually modus operandi of Faux News and the 24/7 hate media machine.

And what really is a kick in the face of you and I people is this Faux News Ass Hole ,reg TM, hero Bundy actually grazed his herds on the Lake Mead National Park area and still refuses to pay a red cent! These people hide behind their faux patriotism in like manner that Klannity hides behind his fake flags and jingoistic props to make a $$ buck. And then they wonder why most of the country hates them like a cold sore. Oh and by the way where are all the neo-con conservative patriots here to support ole Cliven and Shaun? ...... Crickets?.....chirp....chirp.....chirp. :hysterical:

I vote that a task force be put together and arrest all the good folks and the Bundy Klan and sell his spread to pay his tab owed. If there is any money left it can go to pay off his lawyers and or all the court cost incurred by the state and Feds over this 20 year period of draft dodging his fees due! And then if there is still some money left over he can buy some more American flags from the local Wall Mart. USA! USA! USA!

Peace and what a fregin asshole. And then there is Shaun Klannity who tried in vain to get people shot and or killed for ratings!!!!!

Pegasus

As for holding families together, I don't suppose anyone has pointed out to this ass-sized-cowboy-hat that black men, even when unable to find work, do not push their wives out in front of the bullets, as he and his friends threatened to. (I wonder how many of the rebel army are recently separated?)

As for holding families together, I don't suppose anyone has pointed out to this ass-sized-cowboy-hat that black men, even when unable to find work, do not push their wives out in front of the bullets, as he and his friends threatened to. (I wonder how many of the rebel army are recently separated?)

Bundy seems to have all the symptoms of a classic megalomaniac. What amazes me is that he has been allowed to carry on so long outside the spotlight. He an his cattle have been ripping off all of us for many years. His purpose at first seemed to be the money he made by doing it. Now, he has begun to believe the shit he is spouting...kinda like a cussing Koresh surrounded by armed fellow maniacs.:sadyes:

Isn't this the stuff that black conservatives say all the time? Don't they always talk about how the Democrats want the blacks on a “government plantation?”

No.

It isn't.

But please feel free to find a black conservative who believes black folk were happier as slaves and that our be contribution to work is picking cotton.

Maybe they don't go as far to say that they were better off under slavery, but the idea of a “government plantation” is fairly common among them. They provide cover for people like Hannity when he trots them out on his show to say the things he wants to say, but can't.

Allen west calls saftey nets economic dependency Plantation .

Blacklash: How Obama and the Left Are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation -Deneed Borelli

Uncle Sam's Plantation: How Big Government Enslaves America's Poor and What We Can Do About It - Star Parker

I have got to stop following the hot links people post here. I feel like slashing my wrists.

Back
Top Bottom