• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New Doctor announced

Playball40

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Non-religious
So I'm sure most of you do not care........but they've announced the new doctor as a young actor by the name of Ncuti Gatwa (pronounced Shoo-ti). Currently stars in the Netflix comedy/drama Sex Education (which is pretty good).

I think he will make an excellent Doctor and with Russell T Davies back at the helm, I'm really excited to see where this will go.

Thanks for the pronunciation guide. Had no idea without it.

Sounds cool, can't wait to see new episodes. And very happy that Davies will be back. His run was great, and David Tennant is a very close second for my favorite doctor.

So I'm sure most of you do not care........but they've announced the new doctor as a young actor by the name of Ncuti Gatwa (pronounced Shoo-ti). Currently stars in the Netflix comedy/drama Sex Education (which is pretty good).

I think he will make an excellent Doctor and with Russell T Davies back at the helm, I'm really excited to see where this will go.
Looks like a couple of good reasons to start watching Doctor Who again.

I was happy to hear about this casting; Gatwa was great in Sex Education despite (in my opinion) not having been handed a particularly well-written character to work with. Deserves the big spotlight of a franchise role.

Doctor Who is a show I mostly find frustrating lately; it still has all the elements that can make it a great show at times, but maybe more than any of the big sci fi franchises, is very much hindered by some of the writing tropes that I find irritating in new shows generally- unnecessary seasonal arcs, universe-ending stakes, more "call backs" and "homages" than original content, clickbaity surprise reveals and twists that aren't really all that surprising. New Star Trek shows have suffered from the same writing doctrines, and I do hope we move on from some of them soon.

I've tried watching Doctor Who several times. I just can't get into it.
It works a lot better when instead of "scifi" you think of The Doctor as a mad wizard with a magic box, who has so much love...

Back
Top Bottom