• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New Moral Philosophy: Treat everyone like they were your own child

fromderinside;

If you really want to treat them as your own you need to starve your kids, expose them to bad water, excess temperature, dehydration and mutilate them a number of different ways in between beatings.

That may be the way of the world, but is there a kinder solution?

Not really. I presume that with all the stuff I mentioned they continue to exist and that is my idea of good.

I know that if I'm in a restaurant and I see a couple at the table next to me trying to pay and leave while they still haven't finished their vegetables, I tell them to sit the hell back down and stay there until their plates are clean. :mad:

Unless of course you're an asshole to your own children. Seriously, though, besides the fact that you might be treating someone you're having sex with like your own child, this is about the perfect moral philosophy to follow throughout your life.

- You imagine that everyone, everywhere wants to be treated by respect by you
- You imagine that everyone, everywhere wants to be heard by you
- You imagine that you have something to offer and teach everyone you meet
- You have the patience to forgive the mistakes that other people make, realizing that no one is perfect
- All in all, you treat people with unconditional love, because why the hell not?

After all, we're all just over-grown kids.

1; what's new about this? This is basically just the golden rule with some minor variations.

2; why attach the 'child' terminology to it?

3; imagining that everyone, everywhere, wants to be heard by you and/or imagining that you have something to offer and teach to everyone you meet; is probably a sure way to get kicked off the planet before long for being an annoying twat.

1. It is NEW TO YOU because you still are a child.
2. It really galls you to realize anybody could regard you as a child doesn't it?
3. It is possible some do have things they could improve society by sharing...things you will have none of because you think they are annoying twats.

You are really quick with the insult. Perhaps you should consider being a little kinder to your fellow men.

Back
Top Bottom