• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New Terminator film

couch_sloth

Basic Beliefs
Atheist (weak)
I was just watching a preveiw to Terminator Genisys.
Apparently in this story, SkyNet has changed the past by sending a teminator to kill Sarah Conner when she is 9 years old. She survives but is left an orphan. A good-guy terminator sent to protect her, ends up raising her (Arnold Schwarzenegger).
As in the original film, Reese is later sent to 'save' Sarah. He is surprised to find her already trained to do battle (by Schwarzenegger's character).

Does SkyNet manufacture a superweapon by squaring a circle? If so, the Terminator will need to disable it by dividing by zero.

I was just watching a preveiw to Terminator Genisys.
Apparently in this story, SkyNet has changed the past by sending a teminator to kill Sarah Conner when she is 9 years old. She survives but is left an orphan. A good-guy terminator sent to protect her, ends up raising her (Arnold Schwarzenegger).
As in the original film, Reese is later sent to 'save' Sarah. He is surprised to find her already trained to do battle (by Schwarzenegger's character).
Oh heck, I'll go see it just to see how Matt Smith and Emilia Clarke do in the roles!

I would like to know how anybody who has access to time travel could possible lose in anything.

InsteD of making a new Terminator film they could create a new franchise for this generation. Just saying.

InsteD of making a new Terminator film they could create a new franchise for this generation. Just saying.

Especially since the plot appears to be the same as the earlier films: bad terminator attempts to kill someone in past, good terminator protects said person.

Time travel is often handled poorly and virtually never handled well. The problem is that the writers want to use some of time travel logic to tell their story, but they don't want to think through the rest of the logic. There are a few good time travel movies (e.g., 12 Monkeys) out there and some very bad ones too (I'm looking at you Looper).

Does SkyNet manufacture a superweapon by squaring a circle? If so, the Terminator will need to disable it by dividing by zero.

Divded_by_zero_6848.jpg

Based on the trailer, looks a bit average. I think it's an interesting franchise and don't mind seeing new movies even if they are a bit average, but I wish the producers would have let Schwarzenegger go instead of writing the entire movie around why he looks old.

I think the idea of robot from the future coming to kill you is going to get really old unless they spice it up a bit. Sarah Connor Chronicles was a step in the right direction, but sadly it got cancelled just when it was getting good.

The problem is fraud. Why should I watch a movie that only pretends that there is a resolution at the end? Comic books are more reliable.

I am waiting for them to make Terminator: Ancient Sumer. Skyney sends a terminator back in time to kill Sarah Connor's 90th set of great grandparents and hope it stops her from being born. The Terminator chases them all over the Middle East where the Terminator gets rebuked by a talking donkey, sees Sarah's ancestors ascend to heaven in a fiery chariot, and right at the very end gets destroyed when the parted Red Sea collapses in on it and short circuits its electric currents while fire and brimstone rain down. The Pharoah of the time walks up to its now defunct body and gives it a good kick in the ass.

Back
Top Bottom