• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New York Times: Bolton draft book manuscript says Trump tied Ukraine aid freeze to political investigations

Bolton is a cowardly asswipe. If he had this information, he should have volunteered to testify in the House, instead of the hiding behind the request for a subpeona.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the process, but didn't he request the subpoena so he would be able to legally ignore any attempt by SCROTUS to block his testimony?
It is my understanding but Mr. Bolton is not a gov't employee. Short of being kidnapped, he was free to testify anytime he wanted to.

He also could have leaked this part of his book anytime he wanted to.

Bolton is a cowardly asswipe. If he had this information, he should have volunteered to testify in the House, instead of the hiding behind the request for a subpeona.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the process, but didn't he request the subpoena so he would be able to legally ignore any attempt by SCROTUS to block his testimony?
It is my understanding but Mr. Bolton is not a gov't employee. Short of being kidnapped, he was free to testify anytime he wanted to.

He also could have leaked this part of his book anytime he wanted to.

My guess is that Bolton wants to see Trump removed from office but that he doesn't much care if it's by impeachment or the election. He probably figures that enough dirt will come out between now and the election to make that happen and his book or else his testimony will help that along. But he'd rather people had to wait to buy his book and make some money at it. Still if it looks like he was withholding incriminating information from the trial it would seem unpatriotic and his reputation as well as book sales would suffer. So he puts it on the Republican Senators to take the blame by refusing to call him to testify. And if they do subpeona him the only thing that could stop him was Trump declaring executive privilege. But Trump doesn't want to do that because he'd need to file documents to explain why it's important in this case. And Trump hates signing his name to anything that can be used in court.

Remember, His Flatulence has required non-disclosure agreements. Perhaps Bolton wanted the legal shield of a subpoena.

Remember, His Flatulence has required non-disclosure agreements. Perhaps Bolton wanted the legal shield of a subpoena.

If he were concerned about an NDA, he wouldn’t have put that stuff in his book.

If he were concerned about an NDA, he wouldn’t have put that stuff in his book.
Not necessarily. He submitted the book to the white house for vetting.
What i would really like to know is if the WH said, 'shit! He put THAT in there!'
Or 'Thank Baal, he didn't mention THIS!'

To clarify, Romney, Murkowski, Collins, and a few more have a vested self-interest in their careers. Romney to one day be President...others to keep their Senatorial jobs. Their ideologies are as disturbed, greedy, and bankrupt as any other Republican. But, their self-intetest is in political survival so they act like they might be moderates in practice.

In this particular case, polling has indicated that nearly 70% of persons are in favor of more witnesses. But this news is yet another bombshell. It should bring the stat up to 75% or make those citizens on the fence more extreme, more noise making opposition to the politicians themselves.

The ramifications go beyond the concrete evidence of a witness as well. The other facet of this revelation is a more abstract inference: Trump disallowed Bolton to testify to Congress in order to cover it up, not for national security. So both articles are substantiated.

If true.

To follow up...

There was a Quinnipiac poll out today.

The percent of voters saying there should be witnesses is indeed up to 75%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...nnipiac-impeachment-poll-witnesses/index.html

The percent of Republicans is even up to 49%. This puts Republicans in swing states in extreme danger of losing their jobs.

As a rule I tend to avoid The Young Turks. I find them to be a parasitic organization that doesn't do any real investigations but feels compelled to tell me what I must think on any given issue. But this clipfest of Faux News doing a solid 180 on Bolton is just delightful:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-qbXt6_th8[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom