• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Nice White Ladies Get Their Comeuppance

The mindset of people who look at this world and conclude that Whites are some sort of discriminated caste, in countries where Whites very visibly hold nearly all the wealth and privileges, will never be quite comprehensible to me.

Not to mention the idea that Whites are so superior to non-whites at everything that it simply isn't possible to find as-good or better employees among the 'lesser' races. Oh, no, whites getting handed pink slips means the quality of everything will plummet and the future will be a hellscape!

:OMG:

The mindset of people who look at this world and conclude that Whites are some sort of discriminated caste, in countries where Whites very visibly hold nearly all the wealth and privileges, will never be quite comprehensible to me.

It is incomprehensible to you, I suppose, because you have an unconscious bias against the idea that white people could be discriminated against. Oddly, some of us, when we read stories about white people denied promotions because not enough black people qualified on merit, or who have witnessed people saying, quite simply, 'diversity means fewer white people', may see evidence of discrimination against whites where you do not.

There is, of course, no actual evidence provided to back up the author's claim that this had anything to do with race.

View attachment 35649

^ In the article linked in the screed, a trustee discusses the real reason for the change (which has been in the works for twelve years).

It's fixing the symptom rather than root cause. Art institutions are mostly white because doing anything with art is a luxury for the frivolous rich who use their privilege to do something that isn't lucrative with their lives. That's a big reason why art has such high status. Barely anybody gets rich from art. You need to be rich before going in. It's essentially a club for rich kids.

Because of structural (and outright) racism non-whites are less likely to be rich in USA. Which is why they're less of them in art academia. Demanding diversity is fixing the problems in the wrong order. All they're going to do is get less qualified docents. But academia seems to be going down the toilet now anyway. So maybe, in the long run, it won't matter?

The two states are not incompatible.

Back
Top Bottom