• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

October Surprise! Melania Trump pro-choice!

Copernicus

Industrial Grade Linguist
Basic Beliefs
Atheist humanist
This news strikes me as a planned event designed to blunt a bad news cycle for Donald Trump. Melania Trump has just released a book, which she almost certainly had been working on for months. Her English is not that good, and she does not seem to have been inclined to become an author before. She has also released a slick new video--again, something that wasn't slapped together overnight. Jack Smith just released new damning details about his attempted coup on January 6, which made headlines yesterday. Abortion is the single weakest issue for Republicans in this election. The timing of this just strikes me as more than just a desire to cash in on book sales, although this will certainly pump up sales of her book. But it will also help Donald Trump, because he can be anti-abortion while she becomes the new poster child for the pro-choice movement. Thoughts?

See: ‘Bizarre’: Van Jones reacts to Melania Trump’s new video about abortion

Her opinion matters to me. Mostly because while SCOTUS tore down the right to reproductive health, she didn't emote a single thing. So that she comes out as being for abortion rights really matters. Because even though her husband put three justices on the Supreme Court bench that eliminated those rights nationally (and left the door open to eliminate them entirely), I feel like Melania's opinion on this matters some how.

Anyone who's vote is swayed by this is in a sad state mentally when it comes to politics.

I wouldn't discount the theory that this is simply part of a larger personal snipe at Mr. Trump. My guess (and it is only a guess) is that Melanie Trump wants out (and revenge) but doesn't want to significantly damage the payout she wants and expects. I would not be surprised that if (and I hope) Mr. Trump loses, divorce papers are filed by Mrs. Trump.

I REALLY DON'T CARE DO U?
I care because I would like Mrs Trump to get what is coming to her.
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F180621151938-melania-trump-zara-jacket-split.jpg

I'm also a little curious about how much information can be in a book by a person who really hasn't accomplished much in life.

I'm also a little curious about how much information can be in a book by a person who really hasn't accomplished much in life.
Most likely it will be filled with stories about everyone else. Hopefully Epstein gets a mention.

I highly doubt she wrote any of it.

Trump keeps claiming he wrote The Art Of The Deal. The real writer had to spend a lot of time with Trump and it was as bad as you can imagine.

It seems highly unlikely that she wrote the book, especially given that she struggles with English. It was likely written by a ghost writer who knew how to put such works together for the publisher's marketers. IOW, it was built around a series of questions to her and negotiations over what would go into the book. What we don't know is the extent to which Trump or his cronies had any input into that narrative. They must have known that the book was coming out and that it would have an impact on his election. It is for that reason that I suspect he may be part of the way this was timed to affect a news cycle. So far, it doesn't seem to have risen to the very top of news feeds, however.

Thoughts?
Subliminally I think most people will see it as "they're saying the abortion thing is no big deal, and we shouldn't freak out about banning it",
I think subliminally, that might blunt the impact of the "issue" a little on some slightly trump-averse Republicans, but it's going to give a lot of women the creeps.
That's my thought, but I don't know about women.

Back
Top Bottom