• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ohio Legislature Passes "Heartbeat Bill"

This has been floating around for a while. I thought it was dead. This bill can't possibly be constitutional without Roe v Wade being reversed. And I can't imagine a single Federal Court finding it constitutional as it makes the procedure impossible to perform. The Ohio State Legislature should be found in contempt of the law.

Hey, just in time to get passed up to the new Trump Supreme Court!

Good job, disaffected left wingers who stayed home from voting for Clinton in protest. You certainly showed everybody!

Good job, disaffected left wingers who stayed home from voting for Clinton in protest. You certainly showed everybody!
Clinton lost Ohio because it is a rust belt area that lost lots of jobs in the 80s and 90s and in many areas is under-educated. The educated areas voted for Clinton.

Trumbull County (Youngstown / Warren, the West Virginia of the rust belt) saw Trump as another Trafficant and bought into it.

Clinton lost Ohio because it is a rust belt area that lost lots of jobs in the 80s and 90s and in many areas is under-educated. The educated areas voted for Clinton.

Trumbull County (Youngstown / Warren, the West Virginia of the rust belt) saw Trump as another Trafficant and bought into it.

I think you meant about half of the people in the educated areas voted for Clinton. Almost as many stayed home.

This is the direction your country has chosen.

I think you meant about half of the people in the educated areas voted for Clinton. Almost as many stayed home.

^^THIS^^
Also, Trumps coming extreme right SCOTUS and the overturn of Roe V Wade isn't about Ohio in particular.
These things were caused just as much because of ignorant and petulant leftists who deliberately chose not to vote, as for any other reason.

^^THIS^^
Also, Trumps coming extreme right SCOTUS and the overturn of Roe V Wade isn't about Ohio in particular.
These things were caused just as much because of ignorant and petulant leftists who deliberately chose not to vote, as for any other reason.

It's also why you can respect American evangelicals a hell of a lot more than you can respect American leftists. Those guys didn't like Trump, support Trump or particularly want anything to do with Trump, but they did understand that a Trump Presidency was a pathway towards achieving the goals that they wanted to achieve, so they didn't get caught up in letting their distaste for the candidate get in the way of doing the thing that would advance their goals - namely going out and voting for him. The left was in a bit of a huff that they didn't have the perfect candidate who'd give them everything that they wanted, so they held their breath until they turned blue.

Now, the evangelicals are getting an anti-abortion law before the Supreme Court they want to get it before and the left gets to sit there giving a detailed explanation about how this is the fault of everybody except them.

This has been floating around for a while. I thought it was dead. This bill can't possibly be constitutional without Roe v Wade being reversed. And I can't imagine a single Federal Court finding it constitutional as it makes the procedure impossible to perform. The Ohio State Legislature should be found in contempt of the law.

The right keeps bringing hopeless cases so there will be one around if they ever control the Supreme Court.

Are you talking about the Clinton that received about the same number of votes as Obama in 2012?

Well, congrats to Clinton for being the best bowler on the Olympic swimming team. She can have Bill buy her a pony to celebrate her meaningless accomplishment.

She needed to get about 500,000 more votes than Obama, not 300,000. Or, she needed to get a couple of million less, but just have them come in the areas she needed them. She needed something to grow somewhere, because her stagnation in the results wasn't enough.

Back
Top Bottom