• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Open Carry at GOP Convention

Colonel Sanders

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/07/17/3799189/open-carry-rnc/

If I'm a cop at this thing, I've gone and seen an attorney who's competent in wills and trusts. I've also, if necessary, maxed out my credit cards to buy myself as much bulletproof body armor as I can possibly wear if the station wont supply me with it.

The conservatards are already making much of the fact that the New Black Panther party will be outside, exercising their own right to open carry, and as has been amply proven, there will a lot of white trash dipshits carrying too. And there will be alcohol available. Mix that with fear, rage, tens of thousands of idiots, and ho-lee fuck.

Or maybe I'm overreacting. Or maybe not. When was the last time there were excellent odds that there would be a body count at an American political convention?

Ever?

And the crazy thing is that the country is actually in pretty good shape overall.

When this is over and the Cheetoh-complected wannabe Mussolini is defeated, it will be a tremendous relief. Hopefully it tears the GOP apart and a new, more reasonable party can take its place.

Will the New Black Panthers find they have suddenly prompted the Republicans to include a gun control plank in the platform. Totally unrelated to rage, just to keep guns out of the hands of "immigrants, thugs, and gang-bangers".

If I'm a cop at this thing, I've gone and seen an attorney who's competent in wills and trusts. I've also, if necessary, maxed out my credit cards to buy myself as much bulletproof body armor as I can possibly wear if the station wont supply me with it.
If you are a female cop, Kevlar blouse and Kevlar hot pants should be body armor enough.
HTB1yrPAJXXXXXcYXFXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg

Shout-out to the "female armor" thread!
But back to serious matters:
The conservatards are already making much of the fact that the New Black Panther party will be outside, exercising their own right to open carry, and as has been amply proven, there will a lot of white trash dipshits carrying too. And there will be alcohol available. Mix that with fear, rage, tens of thousands of idiots, and ho-lee fuck.
I find it interesting that you are using racist language "white trash" when referring to whites open carrying just based on their race, but use no disparaging language against a proven racist, black supremacist group who openly advocates genocide.

Or maybe I'm overreacting. Or maybe not. When was the last time there were excellent odds that there would be a body count at an American political convention?
What was the body count in 1968 in Chicago?

When this is over and the Cheetoh-complected wannabe Mussolini is defeated, it will be a tremendous relief.
Weird way to describe Hillary. I always thought of her more as a wrinkly-faced wannabe Evita Peron.

I find it interesting that you are using racist language "white trash" when referring to whites open carrying just based on their race,
You might try reading for comprehension some time. He's not saying that all gun-carrying whites are 'white trash.'

Weird way to describe Hillary.
Ah. I guess you have no intention of trying for comprehension.

With the current climate right, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to want to open carry in an urban setting. I wouldn't want to be black or a cop right now.

The Cleveland police union president asked for open carry to be suspended during and around the convention. Kasich said it was not in his power to do so.

The Cleveland police union president asked for open carry to be suspended during and around the convention. Kasich said it was not in his power to do so.
May be in the legislature's. Who the hell knows.

The Cleveland police union president asked for open carry to be suspended during and around the convention.

Yeah too bad all the other deaths didn't move them to loudly oppose guns, just when they'd be pointed at cops. :( All lives matter, right?

I looked up two articles on it, and neither stated that anyone died. Lots of violence, but no death--unless someone can show otherwise.

But it was a serious question. I have no presumptive answer and was genuinely asking if anyone knew of a convention where someone had died to due to violence.

As to the Ohio Amendment in question, I know there are certain conditions under which Federal Constitutional rights can be suspended. So there has to be a mechanism under which a State constitution can be similarly treated.

Maybe Kasich just wants to see what happens; a "fuck you" to Donald Trump, his supporters, and unfortunately, anyone else who could get caught in the very foreseeable crossfire.

I looked up two articles on it, and neither stated that anyone died. Lots of violence, but no death--unless someone can show otherwise.

But it was a serious question. I have no presumptive answer and was genuinely asking if anyone knew of a convention where someone had died to due to violence.

As to the Ohio Amendment in question, I know there are certain conditions under which Federal Constitutional rights can be suspended. So there has to be a mechanism under which a State constitution can be similarly treated.

Maybe Kasich just wants to see what happens; a "fuck you" to Donald Trump, his supporters, and unfortunately, anyone else who could get caught in the very foreseeable crossfire.
Wait... open carry was an amendment?

Back
Top Bottom