• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Our New DNI

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
President Shitforbrains' new acting intelligence director, Richard Grenell, used to do consulting work on behalf of an Eastern European oligarch who is now a fugitive and was recently barred from entering the U.S. under anti-corruption sanctions imposed last month by the State Department. The guy not only has zero experience in NI, he is as corrupt as the day is long. PERFECT qualifications for a high position in the Trump regime.

On the bright side, though, maybe Pompeo will be ousted for barring Grenell's Mulavian buddy from entry to the US?
"Snakes are everywhere!"
The insane, paranoid moron in the White House is purging everyone with any shred of competence or inclination to speak the truth.

Welcome to the new and improved cesspool.

Yeah. I think I vaguely mentioned him in another thread a couple of days ago. He's a totally unqualified Trump toady. What else is new?

Richard Grenell once touted his foreign clients. Now he's the top US intelligence official - CNNPolitics
An archived version of Grenell's personal website says, "Grenell has worked with clients based in the U.S. as well as Iran, Kazakhstan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Somalia, China, Australia, Timor-Leste, and throughout Europe." The site was apparently taken down in 2018.

Two years before Grenell joined the Trump administration in 2018 to become the US ambassador to Germany, his company earned more than $100,000 from a foundation tied to the far-right Hungarian government, according to federal tax records. And Grenell also once published a series of columns favorable toward a Moldovan oligarch who is now a blacklisted fugitive facing allegations of massive corruption.
So it isn't just that Moldovan oligarch - he's done a lot of lobbying for a lot of clients.

I seem to recall the Bush Presidency issuing some oddly timed and rather vague terrorism warnings duing the Democrat Convention in 2004. This was back when we had that DEFCON-style alert system. For anyone who thinks the political perversion of intel agencies started in the Trump Era.

I seem to recall the Bush Presidency issuing some oddly timed and rather vague terrorism warnings duing the Democrat Convention in 2004. This was back when we had that DEFCON-style alert system. For anyone who thinks the political perversion of intel agencies started in the Trump Era.

Well, if you want, go back to Reagan's admin telling Koop to publish reports on the negative impacts an abortion has on women. Any agency can be perverted for political gain. But TRADITIONALLY, it's been a sort of gentlemen's agreement not to be so blatantly transparent about it.

Trump's "Deep State" hit list

https://www.axios.com/trump-memos-deep-state-white-house-ce5be95f-2418-433d-b036-2bf41c9700c3.html

The Trump White House and its allies, over the past 18 months, assembled detailed lists of disloyal government officials to oust — and trusted pro-Trump people to replace them — according to more than a dozen sources familiar with the effort who spoke to Axios.
Was it Outer Limits or Twilight Zone, that piece where the revolutionary leader had a magic mirror that showed him the faces of his enemies?
After it proved to be a capable tool, it eventually and predictably showed him his own face.

I think a lot about that story these days...

Trump's "Deep State" hit list

https://www.axios.com/trump-memos-deep-state-white-house-ce5be95f-2418-433d-b036-2bf41c9700c3.html

The Trump White House and its allies, over the past 18 months, assembled detailed lists of disloyal government officials to oust — and trusted pro-Trump people to replace them — according to more than a dozen sources familiar with the effort who spoke to Axios.
Was it Outer Limits or Twilight Zone, that piece where the revolutionary leader had a magic mirror that showed him the faces of his enemies?
After it proved to be a capable tool, it eventually and predictably showed him his own face.

The Mirror - season 3 of the Twilight Zone

The Mirror - season 3 of the Twilight Zone
With the grandpa from Princess Bride, right?

Back
Top Bottom