• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Over a thousand hospitalized after Ice Bucket Challenge mishap

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
PHOENIX, AZ -- In an attempt to show support for the ALS Ice Bucket challenge, the owners of the University of Phoenix Stadium came up with a "grand" idea that would shower the entire stadium with ice water to raise awareness and money for ALS. The execution of the plan didn't meet expectations.

A message that was supposed to be broadcasted before the game started went unannounced meaning the fans didn't know of the event that would occur at halftime. Millions of gallons of ice water was released from three B-52s that flew over the stadium from a height of 2500 feet and fell upon the unsuspecting fans.

When the planes had passed the stadium, some people looked up to tell what was happening and ice cubes caused eye injuries to several dozen attendees. Exposure to the cold water sent hundreds more immediately into shock, while the pelting ice cubes caused bruising and injuries to thousands of other fans.

"I didn't know what was happening," said Michelle Winters. "There was this very loud noise out of nowhere and then I start getting pelted by chunks of ice and freezing water."

"It happened so quickly, I thought we were being attacked," noted Philip Emerson who sustained two major bruises on his head from the incident.

All told, over 12000 fans were treated and about 1500 fans were admitted to hospitals that day.

The Stadium announced immediately their "most sincere apologies for the accident". They also announced they would be holding a fundraiser to help pay for the medical bills of those injured and a free ticket to an upcoming Phoenix Cardinals game.

In other news CIA nominates detainees to Ice Waterboarding Challenge to raise awareness to the secret renditions and maltreatment of detainees.
All told, over 12000 fans were treated and about 1500 fans were admitted to hospitals that day.
All i keep hearing is Mr. Carlson saying, "With God as my witness, i thought Turkeys could fly."
I was thinking about adding that, but feared the reference would be caught.

Nah, the real ice bucket challenge mishap will happen in 55 days when Siding Spring misses Mars.

The Stadium announced immediately their "most sincere apologies for the accident". They also announced they would be holding a fundraiser to help pay for the medical bills of those injured and a free ticket to an upcoming Phoenix Cardinals game.

Arizona Cardinals. They changed it 20 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom