• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Photo Critique

I find that overcast skies are brighter than blue skies and thus more easily burn out. If you took a short exposure to keep the sky from being saturated you could combine that with the longer exposure on the rest of the scene and get a nice balance.

Borrowed gear, no tripod.
But how long was the shot? 1/250? That should be doable while holding.

Borrowed gear, no tripod.

I would end up most likely changing the zoom a bit setting up the second shot (the lens had some pretty major creep if not basically horizontal) and that would screw up the attempt to combine them.

I would end up most likely changing the zoom a bit setting up the second shot (the lens had some pretty major creep if not basically horizontal) and that would screw up the attempt to combine them.

Some of the HDR software is pretty good at combining, so it's possible that small focus shifts could be corrected for. It's worth a try.

Some of the HDR software is pretty good at combining, so it's possible that small focus shifts could be corrected for. It's worth a try.

The problem wasn't focus, but creep of the zoom. The lens was creepier than His Flatulence at the Miss America pageant. AFIAK you can't combine images with different zoom.

The problem wasn't focus, but creep of the zoom. The lens was creepier than His Flatulence at the Miss America pageant. AFIAK you can't combine images with different zoom.

You might want to try it. Since the perspective doesn't change, it's just a scaling issue that you could eliminate by cropping.

Sorry.. I meant to type "focal length shifts", not "focus shifts".

Back
Top Bottom