• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pissed off

crazyfingers

Supermagnon
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Secular Humanism
We have a Netgear Nighthawk with Readyshare so that we can put a USB storage drive on it to use as a place to backup stuff, my wife and I.

It was working fine. Then progressively my computer, win10, started having problems saying the drive is unmapped. But after a few tries i could get in. But for the last week no access at all.

My Android has no problem but the Win10 machine can't.

I'm so frustrated!! The router manual is no help. It says go to Start and Run \\readyshare but it just fails.

Can you access it via a network prompt?

i.e. \\readyshare\...

and it isn't mapping on boots or Windows is just losing the mapping whenever? Or do you not have any access?

If you can get to it via a Network prompt, that is a viable work around, and you just create a link on the Desktop (and a quick link) to it.

So I tried to connect to the USB drive on the router this morning and it wouldn't. I had ProtonVPN connect me to a VPN and it connected to the USB drive on the router. I disconnected from VPN and it stayed connected. ?????

I have no idea if this is repeatable.

i.e. \\readyshare\...

and it isn't mapping on boots or Windows is just losing the mapping whenever? Or do you not have any access?

If you can get to it via a Network prompt, that is a viable work around, and you just create a link on the Desktop (and a quick link) to it.

I'm not sure about a network prompt with \\readyshare\ instead of \\readyshare . The user manual doesn't have that last \

I can access the drive from inside the Router Admin page. It's the folders that readyshare created in windows explorer that most of the time fail to connect.

So I tried to connect to the USB drive on the router this morning and it wouldn't. I had ProtonVPN connect me to a VPN and it connected to the USB drive on the router. I disconnected from VPN and it stayed connected. ?????

I have no idea if this is repeatable.

Maybe Cortana was spying on me when I posted my pissed off topic even though I have the service turned off and got MS to fix the problem?. Except for the brief issue this morning, and a Win10 update later in the day, I have had access. I haven't been able to access the drive for days and so why today can I get in?

If course tomorrow is another day...

i.e. \\readyshare\...

I'm not sure about a network prompt with \\readyshare\ instead of \\readyshare . The user manual doesn't have that last \

I can access the drive from inside the Router Admin page. It's the folders that readyshare created in windows explorer that most of the time fail to connect.
If you go to \\readyshare does that 1) load and 2) show folders in the Windows Explorer?

Back
Top Bottom