• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Please Enter a Valid Email Address?

Colonel Sanders

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
WTF is up with this?

I was going to sign up for Hulu, but it won't take the two different email addresses I've tried.

I have a third that seems to work for everything, but that email address is for school and frankly, I get too many goddamn emails there anyway.

But this isn't unique to Hulu. Over the past year, several sites have deemed my very viable email addresses invalid.

Why?

I always suspect it's because I have a Mac (Mac-Book Pro), but being that I know nothing about how computers work, that's gotta be wrong.

Anyone know what's up with this?

I want to give Hulu my money but it doesn't seem to want it.

WTF is up with this?

I was going to sign up for Hulu, but it won't take the two different email addresses I've tried.

I have a third that seems to work for everything, but that email address is for school and frankly, I get too many goddamn emails there anyway.

But this isn't unique to Hulu. Over the past year, several sites have deemed my very viable email addresses invalid.

Why?

I always suspect it's because I have a Mac (Mac-Book Pro), but being that I know nothing about how computers work, that's gotta be wrong.

Are there any non-alphanumeric characters in the rejected email addresses?

Once in awhile I run into a site that won't take it if you leave a space in the input box after the address. Try entering the address and making sure the cursor is right against that last character? This can happen sometimes when do a copy/paste with some sites too.

WTF is up with this?

Why?

Are there any non-alphanumeric characters in the rejected email addresses?

No, just letters and numbers--besides the @ symbol. But that's part of every email address, no? I've typed and retyped to make sure there are no blank spaces, punched in one finger at a time while I watch closely, switched back and forth between the two emails I want to use, etc.

It also happened with my ABA number day before yesterday too.

Maybe it doesn't like the domains. Not sure if hulu performs any domain checks (a blacklist perhaps) or just does the more usual format check.
Do you care to say which domains the rejected email addresses have?

I've encountered this, too, and I have a PC. I don't think there's anything unusual about my email address. Most of the time it works fine.

Maybe it doesn't like the domains. Not sure if hulu performs any domain checks (a blacklist perhaps) or just does the more usual format check.
Do you care to say which domains the rejected email addresses have?

I was able to sign up through Facebook. So now Hulu knows all kinds of shit about me. Anyway, I don't see how an @gmail domain could be blacklisted. Same with my yahoo address. And again, it isn't just Hulu.

The weird thing is that this is happening to other people too, but there is nothing helpful on the internet with respect to solving the problem.

Back
Top Bottom