• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Пока, Gorby

Sadly, Gorbachev's death means everyone present for this historic conference have now passed.

Sadly, Gorbachev's death means everyone present for this historic conference have now passed.

Who's the guy in the gray suit, and the one wearing a cap? I suspect the latter might be IRA.

Gray suit? You mean Gaddafi (40 secs in)? And I think it's just generic IRA guy for the second one. Otherwise they would have dressed someone up like Gerry Adams.

Gray suit? You mean Gaddafi (40 secs in)? And I think it's just generic IRA guy for the second one. Otherwise they would have dressed someone up like Gerry Adams.
The guy who walks in to the room in the beginning.

There's another suit guy sitting opposite to him, don't recognize him either. Could be just generic 80s villains.

Anyone who doesn't regret the passing of the Soviet Union has no heart. Anyone who wants it restored has no brains. - Putin
Source? This seems like a version of "If you are not an idealist, you have no heart. If you are not a realist, you have no brain."

The Soviet Union might have been reformed under Gorbachev, but this man and his trip to the store set the end in motion.
(Picture of Boris Yeltsin)

BY become prominent only in the last year of the Soviet Union, when he led the beating off of the Soviet hardliners' August 1991 coup. MG was off in vacation, and he became a political lame duck, someone without any political pull.

I must say that if I'd started this thread, I'd have called it:

RIP Mikhail Gorbachev

Source? This seems like a version of "If you are not an idealist, you have no heart. If you are not a realist, you have no brain."

(Picture of Boris Yeltsin)

BY become prominent only in the last year of the Soviet Union, when he led the beating off of the Soviet hardliners' August 1991 coup.
yeltsin533.jpg

Back
Top Bottom