• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

PR Hack's Oil Industry speech secretly taped and leaked to NY times

ksen

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinist
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/31/u...ves-western-energy-alliance-speech-taped.html

The company executives, Mr. Berman said in his speech, must be willing to exploit emotions like fear, greed and anger and turn them against the environmental groups. And major corporations secretly financing such a campaign should not worry about offending the general public because “you can either win ugly or lose pretty,” he said.

. . .

Mr. Hubbard also discussed how he had done detailed research on the personal histories of members of the boards of the Sierra Club and the Natural Resources Defense Council to try to find information that could be used to embarrass them.

. . .

“People always ask me one question all the time: ‘How do I know that I won’t be found out as a supporter of what you’re doing?’ ” Mr. Berman told the crowd. “We run all of this stuff through nonprofit organizations that are insulated from having to disclose donors. There is total anonymity. People don’t know who supports us.”

Now who's the Alinsky-ite?

I expect there will be outrage and attempts to deflect criticism onto those that secretly recorded this rather than the industry's tactics.

I expect there will be outrage and attempts to deflect criticism onto those that secretly recorded this rather than the industry's tactics.

Either that or they'll just ignore it and assume that nobody will pay attention or care.

Either that or they'll just ignore it and assume that nobody will pay attention or care.

Well anyone who is even slightly surprised by this either wasn't paying attention, or didn't care before; so they probably will continue in that vein.

Yes, widespread not giving a shit seems to be the likely reaction.

Followed by not hearing about this ever again.

Unless alternet picks it up and we get 3 more threads here -- followed by not hearing about it ever again.

What if he recorded and leaked it himself to make a point to his audience that nobody really does care?

Back
Top Bottom