• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Presidential Candidates doing Hippie-Punching

I wouldn't call myself a "leftist".. but I know a few and never heard any denial that black racism exists.
It's an article of faith on the Left that black people can't be racist against whites, no matter what they say or do.

That's not "the left" as a whole. That's the illiberal left, and yes it is quite heavily represented on this board. That's the identity politics people that turn racism into an us vs them thing instead of a social problem to combat regardless of what races are involved thing. Make any mention of racism against anybody who isn't in their regressive stack, or against anybody lower down in that stack by anybody higher up in it, and you are branded a racist for doing so.

But there are still plenty of people who identify as liberals who oppose prejudice and racism full stop. I think that's still the majority. It just isn't getting the press.

I wouldn't call myself a "leftist".. but I know a few and never heard any denial that black racism exists.
It's an article of faith on the Left that black people can't be racist against whites, no matter what they say or do.

That's not "the left" as a whole. That's the illiberal left, and yes it is quite heavily represented on this board. That's the identity politics people that turn racism into an us vs them thing instead of a social problem to combat regardless of what races are involved thing.

Ok, if a left-moderate who believes that anyone can be racist (even if they may think whites are more likely) is accused of being a left-radical who does not, what is the correct response?

Same could go for any other subdivision of political groupings.

Back
Top Bottom