• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pressure to lie/deceive in job interviews and its implications

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
Basic Beliefs
Probably in a simulation
From a book that claims to help you to pass job interviews....
Have you ever held a position that wasn’t right for you?

The only right answer for this kind of question is ‘no’. The problem with answering it with a yes is that you would have to explain how you ended up getting a job that wasn’t right for you in the first place! Don’t give the interviewer any reason to think that the job you are applying for is either out of your depth or wrong for you.

“No I have never been in that position. I am always very careful about the jobs that I apply for. I don’t believe it would be fair on either myself or the company I was applying to join if I got a job that wasn’t right for me. For instance, I know that this job is the right one for me. I have carried out extensive research into this role and also visited the company prior to the interview to ensure that, if I am successful today, then I will be both good at the job and good for the organisation.”
There could be similar pressure for an AI or government or organisation to lie/deceive if it gives a better outcome...

I wasn't aware of this a few months ago. I had a job interview for a laundry role in an aged care home and gave them what I thought were honest balanced answers. My worker said that I was too negative and that I should only give positive answers.

Anyway this is relevant to the idea that dishonesty is immoral. On the other hand it could save people's lives if you're trying to hide Jews and the secret police are asking you about it....

I've never experienced pressure when stretching or withholding the truth on job applications. I perceive lying as an integral part of the application journey. ;)

I've never experienced pressure when stretching or withholding the truth on job applications. I perceive lying as an integral part of the application journey. ;)

Says the black Floridian who is no longer a homeless New Yorker, and drives a high dollar Musk brand car.
Tom

One of my favorite B. B. Kings songs......

Everybody Lies a Little lyrics​

Everybody lies a little sometimes

Some people lie about this, that, and the other
Other peoples lie about one another
Everybody lies sometimes
Everybody lies sometimes

Some people never see their lies as lies
They just see the truth, the truth in disguise

I've been told that lyin' is wrong
All right with me if it saves your life or your home

Everybody lies a little
Your old lady, she lies a little
Your old man, he lies a little
Your sister, she lies a little
Your brother, he lies a little
Even your preacher, he lies a little
Your deacon, he lies a little
Your lawyer, he lies a little
Your doctor, he lies a little
Politicians, lie a little
Your children, they lie a little
Even I lie a little
Lucille lies a little

There you go..talking about it again...

• Lucille:
    Lucille is the name of BB King's guitar.

Back
Top Bottom