• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Proud Boys pregaming at a Sounders match

cycomiko

Basic Beliefs
Atheist, materialist, humanist
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sounders/fans-marching-to-sounders-match-hear-curses-from-people-who-pledge-allegiance-to-proud-boys-organization/

https://www.sounderatheart.com/2019/8/4/20754293/agitators-showed-up-to-march-of-the-match-sounders-fans-remain-calm

A few weeks ago in the Emerald City Supporters (Seattle Sounders supporters group) section, someone waived an Iron Front flag. I had to look up what that was but it's apparently been an anti-fascist symbol for 70 years now. MLS and Seattle don't allow "political" speech at matches so the flag was taken down and a warning was issued not to do it again.

This past Saturday a dozen or so Proud Boys showed up the ECS' pregame bar trying to instigate something. They weren't allowed into the bar and then proceeded to heckle people during the March to the Match which happens before every home game. Then they heckled people trying to enter the stadium and were yelling about it being "their city" and they were there to protect the fans from the "real terrorists".

At one point they assaulted a guy walking by himself who happened to be wearing an Iron Front shirt. I'm a season ticket holder but was unable to attend this match. Friends of mine were close to the assault (50-60 feet behind it) and said the guy in the Iron Front shirt was almost to the stadium and was walking alone and the Proud Boys just walked next to him talking trash and blocking his path as he tried to walk around them. Then the Proud Boys started pushing him after he tried to push past them and which prompted one of the Proud Boys to throw a punch. At the end of the Sounder At Heart article there's a video of the assault posted by the Proud Boys themselves. The guys in the red shirt starts the altercation, the victim gets punched and fights back and kinda lands a punch on the guy in red. Red shirt guy then acts like he hadn't done anything and then he tackles the victim before the cops intervene.

For the most part, the instigators were ignored but this was obviously a pre-planned stunt by the Proud Boys. They had a cameraman with them and were taking video on their phones for the 2-3hrs leading up the match. Hopefully it's obvious that it's the fascists looking for a fight and I'd be willing to be that this is their normal strategy. They're instigating violence so they can try to spin it to make them seem the victims.

I'll be at the match this Saturday and I'm really hoping nothing goes sideways.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sounders/fans-marching-to-sounders-match-hear-curses-from-people-who-pledge-allegiance-to-proud-boys-organization/

https://www.sounderatheart.com/2019/8/4/20754293/agitators-showed-up-to-march-of-the-match-sounders-fans-remain-calm

A few weeks ago in the Emerald City Supporters (Seattle Sounders supporters group) section, someone waived an Iron Front flag. I had to look up what that was but it's apparently been an anti-fascist symbol for 70 years now. MLS and Seattle don't allow "political" speech at matches so the flag was taken down and a warning was issued not to do it again.

This past Saturday a dozen or so Proud Boys showed up the ECS' pregame bar trying to instigate something. They weren't allowed into the bar and then proceeded to heckle people during the March to the Match which happens before every home game. Then they heckled people trying to enter the stadium and were yelling about it being "their city" and they were there to protect the fans from the "real terrorists".

At one point they assaulted a guy walking by himself who happened to be wearing an Iron Front shirt. I'm a season ticket holder but was unable to attend this match. Friends of mine were close to the assault (50-60 feet behind it) and said the guy in the Iron Front shirt was almost to the stadium and was walking alone and the Proud Boys just walked next to him talking trash and blocking his path as he tried to walk around them. Then the Proud Boys started pushing him after he tried to push past them and which prompted one of the Proud Boys to throw a punch. At the end of the Sounder At Heart article there's a video of the assault posted by the Proud Boys themselves. The guys in the red shirt starts the altercation, the victim gets punched and fights back and kinda lands a punch on the guy in red. Red shirt guy then acts like he hadn't done anything and then he tackles the victim before the cops intervene.

For the most part, the instigators were ignored but this was obviously a pre-planned stunt by the Proud Boys. They had a cameraman with them and were taking video on their phones for the 2-3hrs leading up the match. Hopefully it's obvious that it's the fascists looking for a fight and I'd be willing to be that this is their normal strategy. They're instigating violence so they can try to spin it to make them seem the victims.

I'll be at the match this Saturday and I'm really hoping nothing goes sideways.

Wait, since it doesn't say anyone punched the fascists maybe they weren't *real* antifa people?

Because I'm pretty sure *real* antifa people would know not punching these people means fascists take over Hitler comes back and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom