• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

qeeg brain mapping techniques

Kharakov

Quantum Hot Dog
Basic Beliefs
Don't step on mine.
Anyone know of any reputable sources of information about them?

Sorry, forgot to clarify, I meant therapeutic neurofeedback using qeeg brain mapping.

lol. Seriously, are there any peer reviewed articles?... NM:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brain-myths/201302/read-paying-100s-neurofeedback-therapy-0

Last night, I caught the end of Michael Linden's presentation on his use of neurofeedback to reduce ADD/ADHD symptoms. I wasn't too impressed.

Luckily, there were only a few people there- I didn't find that article until today. I suppose people should research what they are paying for, but the guy is selling sham services like they are real. The women in the audience were all hopeful that this guy could help their children, and he was selling them "neurofeedback is better than medicine" snake oil, and implying that pharmaceutical companies are out to get them, that pharms are dangerous, etc.

I think he gives a presentation in some place called Mariner's Church every other Thursday, and hits the local megacult (Saddleback Church) occasionally.

The one thing is: giving children with ADD/ADHD/Asperger's/Autism something to do that makes them feel like they are making progress does help them. So the question is whether or not this quack should be shut down, or his fake medicine allowed to be propagated?

Back
Top Bottom