• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Religious arguments and analogies that really bother you

It's like they're going out of their way to drive the decent, sane people out of Christianity.

I tell you, though, if this stuff were all true, and there was a Satan, don’t you think he’d spent his time infiltrating and corrupting the Christians instead of flirting with Atheists? Turn them all while they think they are righteous and have nothing to change or confess? If there were a real Satan, he’d be stupid to spend any time on atheists since we’re already his. He’s a smart fellow. He’d be doing exactly this - and Jehovah sitting by helplessly lamenting “free will!”

For arguments sake since you're not a believer and by the notion: What makes you think he hasn't corrupted Christians already? After all, we deal with various versions of interpretations and denominations which can easily mislead or misdirect if they're not arguing about it between themselves causing all sorts

I've often heard many pastors and talks in sermons say "Satan is at his best when people think he doesn't exist" . Your post would be suspect .. if you were (for arguments sake) a follower of his. For example, in a somewhat similar fashion ; ridiculing such an existence as in your post. :p

Atheists actually help, exposing all types of false religions and gods, including Christians that preach for financial gain etc. (*edit: give or take a few continous debates with real theists alongside)

Last edited:
I tell you, though, if this stuff were all true, and there was a Satan, don’t you think he’d spent his time infiltrating and corrupting the Christians instead of flirting with Atheists? Turn them all while they think they are righteous and have nothing to change or confess? If there were a real Satan, he’d be stupid to spend any time on atheists since we’re already his. He’s a smart fellow. He’d be doing exactly this - and Jehovah sitting by helplessly lamenting “free will!”

For arguments sake since you're not a believer and by the notion: What makes you think he hasn't corrupted Christians already? After all, we deal with various versions of interpretations and denominations which can easily mislead or misdirect if they're not arguing about it between themselves causing all sorts
By the logic of Christianity, Satan has indeed already taken over the church. It’s the tower of babel through and through (oh, wait, that was god purposely sowing discord (no, wait, that’s really satan, who then wrote the book to say it was Yahweh and trick more people away from Yahweh!))

But yeah, it looks like (assuming for the sake of the storyline that any of it even exists) Satan has already taken everyone from Yahweh. They would know a charitable act from a forced marriage of a rape victim.
I've often heard many pastors and talks in sermons say "Satan is at his best when people think he doesn't exist" .
Nah, that’s dumb. Because the people who think Satan exists are the meanest ones. By contrast, all those nice atheists who just do good because it’s good to do aren’t helping Satan’s cause, but the ones that lead flocks of people who want to be good and teach them that being an asshole is worshipful? They are the ones that are bringing Satan’s best.
Your post would be suspect .. if you were (for arguments sake) a follower of his. For example, in a somewhat similar fashion ; ridiculing such an existence as in your post. :p

No, I don’t see it. I tell people to be good. Taht’s not satan at his best.
Atheists actually help, exposing all types of false religions and gods, including Christians that preach for financial gain etc. (*edit: give or take a few continous debates with real theists alongside)

Atheists do not make Christians hate welfare recipients and immigrants.

Back
Top Bottom