• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Republican Coronation 2020?

Whatever happened to the libertarian fringe of the RNC? Don't they prefer to... you know, vote on things?

They were shown just how welcome they are back in the 2012 primary. The illusion of sympathy between conservatives and libertarians was shattered, irrevocably. Attempts to rebuild that illusion have failed. Even conservative internet trolls pretending to be progressives on this forum weren't able to pretend the two were the same any longer.

Eject the libertarian faction, get Donald Trump as your candidate. There should be an object lesson in that, but the Neocons think libertarian influence in their party is worse than Trump being their spokesperson.

GOP: Libertarians not wanted

I think you’re right - and at the same time, they still sell themselves successfully to their racist base as “Small Government.” Which is clearly bullshit.
I would lie to see the Libertarians get serious and run house and senate candidates rather than trying to parachute in to the top job.

The LP runs candidates at all levels, not just the top job. I myself have served as a local elected official at one time.

Back
Top Bottom