• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Republican Primaries?

Jolly_Penguin

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Skeptic
Are there Republican Primaries going on? I heard two fellows are trying to run against him? I've seen zero reporting on this other than that. Did they do any states yet? I presume Trump won them so handily that they didn't bother reporting? Or they have yet to happen?

Well there is Google, but if you aren't willing to even go that far, there are primaries... in some states. The Republicans have shut the door in several states to prevent primary opponents (this isn't terribly unusual as parties in the White House usually don't even want to do with the expense of a pointless primary because their leader is generally not going to be the lowest piece of shit to ever sit in the White House). Iowa did have a Caucus for the Republicans... and Trump won handily over two unnamed opponents.

Short of a deity's intervention, Trump will be the nominee in November 2020. And this Election Cycle will be hell on the US.

Short of a deity's intervention,
Or congestive heart failure...

Or a very clever anarchist with a long gun...

Or a sudden moral revelation followed by resignation...

Not that any other Republican candidate would be better. I think liberals get very confused about the degree to which Trump is in charge of all this madness as opposed to being merely a senile but useful agent of the much more dangerous conspiracy that has been festering in the Senate, Cabinet, and various corporate boardrooms for decades now.

Are there Republican Primaries going on? I heard two fellows are trying to run against him? I've seen zero reporting on this other than that. Did they do any states yet? I presume Trump won them so handily that they didn't bother reporting? Or they have yet to happen?

There are Republican primaries and caucuses, and Trump just won the Iowa caucus by about 100%.

That's generally the case with incumbents.

2020 Republican Party presidential primaries

My state, Minnesota, will have a Republican primary but the Minnesota Republican primary refused to allow any challengers on the primary ballot.

Back
Top Bottom