• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Republican Senators Sign Pledge to Eliminate Food Stamp Program in 2015

Davka

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
DailyLeak said:
One hundred percent of newly elected Republican Senators have agreed to vote to eliminate the food stamps program including;

Senators Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), David Perdue (R-Ga.), Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), James Lankford (R-Okla.), Steve Daines (R-Mont.), Mike Rounds (R-S.D.), Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.), and Ben Sasse (R-Neb.).

“Small businesses and the American people cannot afford President Obama’s countless new regulations and tax increases. There is a right way and a wrong to improve our country’s welfare system, and the President’s policies just aren’t working. We need to put poor people first and lower costs,” Senator Gardner said in a statement.

Senator Perdue stated on his campaign website that he was one of the millions of Americans who would support free market solutions to feeding the nation.

“The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is an overreaching federal program that has actually worsened the nutritional standards in this nation and increased costs. I am one of the millions of Americans who wish this program would end. To make matters worse, SNAP benefits are discouraging full-time job creation. We need to repeal the SNAP program and replace it with more affordable free market solutions,” Perdue said on his campaign page.

The Senators signed a pledge to approve any legislation in 2015 that would completely defund the $78 billion program.

Link

Only these assholes could equate "putting poor people first" with cutting food stamps.

It's nice that we still have journalists like dailyleak.org to do the real work the major news media will not do.

- - - Updated - - -

got a link to a debunk?

This one should do it:

http://dailyleak.org

Other dailyleak.org headlines so realistic they could be true:

South Dakota’s #DontJerkAndDrive campaign aims to stop epidemic of masturbating while driving intoxicated

Senator Feinstein Pushing Prohibition

Mormon Church Leaders Issue “Revelation” Banning Ketchup

Euthanized Dogs and Cats Used to “Add Hearty, Meaty Flavor” to Baked Beans

Pro-abortion group handing out DIY abortion kits in front of Hobby Lobby

Just a single source, and the source isn't particularly reliable.

Why are they called "food stamps"?

It makes me think of stamps I can mail, and then eat.

They used to be coupons like green stamps.
2010-11-30-OrangeFoodStamps25CentNonTransferableFoodOrderSubjecttotheConditionsPrescribedbytheSecretaryofAgriculture.jpg

Why are they called "food stamps"?

It makes me think of stamps I can mail, and then eat.
i did go to bootcamp with a guy that peeled the stamps off his mail, ate them, and threw the envelopes away, unopened.

You probably don't mean that, though.

Looks like i got trolled. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they did sign a pledge like that, but this appears to be B.S. - all articles point back to a single source.

LOL…I liked this gem:
http://dailyleak.org/2014/12/fexed-driver-commits-suicide-after-destroying-childrens-christmas/
“Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet just because there’s a picture with a quote next to it.” –Abraham Lincoln
My favorite quotes are:

"Stop misquoting me on Facebook!" - Thomas Jefferson

"Nobody ever quotes me." - Jefferson Davis
Looks like i got trolled. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they did sign a pledge like that, but this appears to be B.S. - all articles point back to a single source.
It'd be damning if the newly elected Republicans in purple Iowa and Colorado actually did that. I was a bit surprised at the claim.

A little searching online seems to put the source of the article with a CNS article about the newly elected group having run on repealing Obamacare and that title/article was slightly modified.

Back
Top Bottom