• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RIP, R2D2

Of course there was. It was 1977; "a dude inside" was cutting-edge technology back then.

20110804220717_kenny5.jpg

RIP.

Your character will be remembered forever, as long as celluloid exists. Too bad your face won't be remembered, but your character R2D2 will.

Of course there was. It was 1977; "a dude inside" was cutting-edge technology back then.

20110804220717_kenny5.jpg

Yes, I know. I was just joking. I always liked the R2 character, though it's ludicrous that R2 could travel through rocky and sandy desert terrain with tiny wheels for locomotion.

I think my favorite scene with R2D2 is at the end of Episode IV where R2 breaks up the formality of the awards ceremony by getting a little too excited when Luke gets his medal. At the 1:14 mark in the video:

Last edited:
it's ludicrous that R2 could travel through rocky and sandy desert terrain with tiny wheels for locomotion.

Well, he used rockets to fly around in the prequels, but he seems to have forgotten about them by the time he met Luke.

It can be hard to find rocket fuel on those out-of-the-way backwater planets.

Back
Top Bottom