• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Role Play For Jesus, you bastard

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
From News Of The Weird:
-- Tough Love: A Catholic priest (unnamed in news reports) in Taranto, Italy, was removed recently after reports that, while attempting to minister to an unemployed laborer, he arranged for online role-playing in which the man was Judas and the priest dispatched him to gay orgies to be punished (for betraying Jesus) by members of the Vatican security force. [Daily Mail (London), 4-8-2015]

I played AD&D for a while, and though it's probably not 'that sort' of role play, all I can think of right now is a 1st Century Orgy Encounter table...

1-5, a woman dressed as a Centurion
6-10, a Roman dressed as Pilate
11-15, a Jew dressed as Pilate
16, Pilate
17-20, Matthew, claiming to be the disciple Jesus loved
21-25, John the Baptist, carrying a platter, asking for a little head...
26-....

when i was in prison, my DnD group included a guy who would only list his god on his character sheet as 'Jesus'. but then again, he ran store (buying from the commissary then reselling it later) and took the profits and gave them to people who didn't have anyone on the outside to send them money. shrug - 'ahimsa paramo dharma' = if your religion leads you to nonviolence, there's nothing more to say.

it was the child molester who always played a cleric who bugged me. child molesters always go to jesus, because basically no one else will forgive them.

dnd players include some stone cold mf's. it's also big in the military. what the hell else do you do there but imagine (and meditate, if you're tantric) those guys saved my ass - they were my clique. hell, there's a catalog that sells RPG books and accepts books of stamps from prisoners, they even do the rigamorole to get it sent in. the dnd clique is one of the few ways to be a euroamerican and not be a hitlerhumper in prison. when i got out, i sent them all kinds of printed out modules, via letters (easier). i wanted to start a charity, sending in printed out stuff to prisoner/players, but the reception from the gaming community wasn't what i had hoped. i used to say gamers are my peeps, but after being banned from one rpg forum and now another, i'm sick of it. if you care to know more, look a few threads up, see 'confessions of a weirdness magnet' and read parts 4 and 5, where i babble on about prison.

Back
Top Bottom