• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Russia Owned Radio Station In Washington DC

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
"Constant attacks?" I fucking wish. The Russian government has been attacking our nation with propaganda for well over a year now and most people still don't seem to understand that its a bad thing, let alone just how bad it is...

After all the elections the US has interfered with. After all the leaders the US has had assassinated. After all the bloody violence the US has used throughout the world to impose it's will on others.

Now what exactly did the Russians do?

After all the elections the US has interfered with. After all the leaders the US has had assassinated. After all the bloody violence the US has used throughout the world to impose it's will on others.

Mama said two wrongs don't make a right. If you're against all these things, do you think that two countries doing such things is better than one? Before the accusations of hypocrisy come, most liberals will admit to and oppose interference in elections of other nations.

By the way, anyone have any good info on the US interfering in the elections of other nations? I'm not disputing this happens, Iran is a good example and I can think of a few more, but I'd like to do some reading on it. Especially recent examples.

Mama said two wrongs don't make a right. If you're against all these things, do you think that two countries doing such things is better than one? Before the accusations of hypocrisy come, most liberals will admit to and oppose interference in elections of other nations.

By the way, anyone have any good info on the US interfering in the elections of other nations? I'm not disputing this happens, Iran is a good example and I can think of a few more, but I'd like to do some reading on it. Especially recent examples.

Sure two wrongs don't make a right.

But many times your wrongs come back to bite you.

But what exactly did the Russians do?

They did not persuade me to do anything.

Glad to hear it. No need to worry about it then. Have a nice day. Thanks for the daily reminder how bad the U.S. is, we appreciate it.

The US prefers regime change not elections. It's a bit messier and involves collateral damage, just so long as there are not too many Americans killed in the process. Let me see, Nicaragua, Ukraine, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Vietnam, Somalia, Libya.

If this article is true then at least it wasn't as bad as Genghis Khan

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has...-37-victim-nations-since-world-war-ii/5492051

US Has Killed More Than 20 Million People in 37 “Victim Nations” Since World War II

As for meddling the odds are that the US and Russia plus others try to hack into or meddle with anything that promotes of affects their interest. That doesn't mean the Russians (at this point) are shown to have influenced the last election).

"Constant attacks?" I fucking wish. The Russian government has been attacking our nation with propaganda for well over a year now and most people still don't seem to understand that its a bad thing, let alone just how bad it is...

In a free press propaganda can be countered by counter propaganda. There are a lot of publications in the US who do this anyway. Or should the US jam signals from RTV and the Russian radio stations?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has...-37-victim-nations-since-world-war-ii/5492051

US Has Killed More Than 20 Million People in 37 “Victim Nations” Since World War II

As for meddling the odds are that the US and Russia plus others try to hack into or meddle with anything that promotes of affects their interest. That doesn't mean the Russians (at this point) are shown to have influenced the last election).

That site has killed far more than 20 million brain cells.

In a free press propaganda can be countered by counter propaganda. There are a lot of publications in the US who do this anyway. Or should the US jam signals from RTV and the Russian radio stations?

This is a different issue. This is a Russian state-owned propaganda outlet buying a US radio station. In the US, the radio spectrum is owned by the public and has numerous responsibilities to that public. Allowing a foreign government to gain a toe-hold on our airwaves is problematic, but I doubt you see that since you're such a fan of the Russian way of doing things.

Considered in the totality of how information may be disseminated to a population, this is small beer.

In 2013 the FCC issued a clarification (or redefinition) for the sake of drawing increased capital into the broadcast market that foreign ownership of US broadcast stations was permissible beyond the 25% limit that dates back to 1934. In that they did not define an upper limit in 2013, one could assume 100% ownership has been permissible since then. These are all subject to an FCC approval process.

This is a different issue. This is a Russian state-owned propaganda outlet buying a US radio station. In the US, the radio spectrum is owned by the public and has numerous responsibilities to that public. Allowing a foreign government to gain a toe-hold on our airwaves is problematic, but I doubt you see that since you're such a fan of the Russian way of doing things.
This went out the window when we allowed foreign ownership of media.

Glad to hear it. No need to worry about it then. Have a nice day. Thanks for the daily reminder how bad the U.S. is, we appreciate it.

It is just a daily reminder of the facts of life in this world. The US is a destructive violent menace and has been one for decades.

If bad things fall upon it, like an election that was allegedly tampered with, nobody can claim it didn't have it coming.

For fucks sake. America destroyed country after country in recent years wasting trillions of dollars killing untold civilians in illegal wars while neglecting it citizens and you are worried Russia will give you a bad name???

Are you fucking serious???

The question is what exactly did the Russians do? All we have is secret reports which therefore cannot be scrutinised or fanfares by the bottom-feeders of the press to boost their coverage thus attracting more advertising revenue.

The US warlords have incited numerous wars since the end of WWII and Russia seems to be a nuisance in Syria and the Ukraine, which could be resolved better if 2 consenting adults met.

Let me know if I missed a few from the list

Cuba 1961 Bay of Pigs
Vietnam 1961-1973
Granada 1983
Iraq 1991
Somalia 1993
Haiti 1994
Bosnia 1994-1995
Kosovo 1999
Afghanistan 2001-2014
Iraq II 2003-2010
Libya
Syria

Russia's not the nicest country by any means but confrontational politics against it will get nowhere in the long term.

Last edited:

It's very healthy for a nation to be exposed to different viewpoints as in freedom of the press. Those who object to radio stations they don't like can easily not watch it or change channels.

That site has killed far more than 20 million brain cells.

It's pretty critical of Trump so does that make you feel better. :)

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Back
Top Bottom