• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

San Francisco launches Guaranteed Income for Transgender Individuals

Now try answering the question asked.

I did.
The answer to the question "What does trans ideology mean?" is "If someone identifies as trans they are entitled to stuff the rest of us aren't. Including victim status.".

Post #203.
It's right there.
Tom
You are correct - your opinion is right there. But your belief(s) about trans ideology are not trans ideology.
Then what is "trans ideology"?

What I see is the culture of entitlement and victimhood. I see that a lot. Not just trans folk, a lot.
Around here where I live, it's usually weight issues. "Nobody will hire a 400 pound person who dropped out of high school."

We Americans live largely in a culture of victimhood, entitlement, drugs, and guns. Trans people are cashing in.
Of course.
Tom

What is it about people like you and metaphor who like to stomp on the underdog?
What have I done to 'stomp' on 'the underdog'?

You do it every time you open your mouth.

Also, the underdog? Gender ideology has enormous institutional power, including but not limited to government power. The 'underdog'? Give me a break.

:rofl:

Try Googling “violence” and “trans people” and stop making a fool of yourself for a change

I did.
The answer to the question "What does trans ideology mean?" is "If someone identifies as trans they are entitled to stuff the rest of us aren't. Including victim status.".

Post #203.
It's right there.
Tom
You are correct - your opinion is right there. But your belief(s) about trans ideology are not trans ideology.

What I see is the culture of entitlement and victimhood. I see that a lot. Not just trans folk, a lot.
Around here where I live, it's usually weight issues. "Nobody will hire a 400 pound person who dropped out of high school."

We Americans live largely in a culture of victimhood, entitlement, drugs, and guns. Trans people are cashing in.
Of course.
Tom

What is it about people like you and metaphor who like to stomp on the underdog?

So, refusal to show an instance.

Also, the underdog? Gender ideology has enormous institutional power, including but not limited to government power. The 'underdog'? Give me a break.

Try Googling “violence” and “trans people” and stop making a fool of yourself for a change
Yes, trans women have repeatedly been violent towards women they deem TERFS. It's hardly surprising - males are much more likely than females to resort to physical violence.

My response, #195, to your post of "(mostly unexplained)" is entirely appropriate since transgenderism has had scientific explanations for many years.
First, ZiprHead, if I were in your position, I would not use the word 'transgenderism', which is not accepted by the gender ideologists and could get you cancelled.

Second, I have no idea what you are carrying on about. What 'scientific explanation' of something have I denied?
What did you mean by "(mostly unexplained)" then?
I didn't mean anything by that; I didn't write that. I don't know what you meant by that.
you have to have some sort of thought in your head that in some (mostly unexplained) way conflicts with the sex that was observed and recorded for you at birth.
You didn't write that in post 167?

I did.

Post #203.
It's right there.
Tom

Of course.
Tom

An instance? Everything you write is stomping on trans people. You don’t even acknowledge their existence, which is the worst stomping of all — an existential stomping. Denying people you don’t like their very persohood.

Yes, trans women have repeatedly been violent towards women they deem TERFS. It's hardly surprising - males are much more likely than females to resort to physical violence.

I can’t even ... Just, wow.
https://vawnet.org/sc/serving-trans...nd-sexual-violence/violence-against-trans-and
Violence against trans and non-binary people

I might add that typing in “violence against transgendered people” yields almost 52 million results. Google is your friend, as the cliche goes.

My response, #195, to your post of "(mostly unexplained)" is entirely appropriate since transgenderism has had scientific explanations for many years.
First, ZiprHead, if I were in your position, I would not use the word 'transgenderism', which is not accepted by the gender ideologists and could get you cancelled.

Second, I have no idea what you are carrying on about. What 'scientific explanation' of something have I denied?
I didn't mean anything by that; I didn't write that. I don't know what you meant by that.
you have to have some sort of thought in your head that in some (mostly unexplained) way conflicts with the sex that was observed and recorded for you at birth.
Yes, I wrote that sentence. I mean: how does being 'faegender' (for example) 'conflict' with being of the male or female sex, what does it mean to say this person is 'trans'? What's the conflict? Obviously nobody has ever thought that having a male or female-sexed body precludes you identifying as 'faegender'.

Not sure why the link inserted into the text also displayed the link itself, but whatever. That’s the first time inserting a link into text gave this display.

Yes, I wrote that sentence. I mean: how does being 'faegender' (for example) 'conflict' with being of the male or female sex, what does it mean to say this person is 'trans'? What's the conflict? Obviously nobody has ever thought that having a male or female-sexed body precludes you identifying as 'faegender'.
Yeah, that's what you meant. :rolleyes:

I did.

Post #203.
It's right there.
Tom

Of course.
Tom

An instance? Everything you write is stomping on trans people. You don’t even acknowledge their existence, which is the worst stomping of all — an existential stomping. Denying people you don’t like their very persohood.
Um, okay. I am not interested in your gender identity. So....that means I think you don't exist and are not a person?

Okay Jan.

I can’t even ... Just, wow. What a pathetic specimen you are.
Denying my very personhood!

Yeah, that's what you meant. :rolleyes:
Well, yes, that's what I meant. You asked me what I meant.

Nobody has answered my question, by the way.

Not sure why the link inserted into the text also displayed the link itself, but whatever. That’s the first time inserting a link into text gave this display.
Do you mean the quote from Metaphor in the post directly above your?

If so, it's easy to do. Highlight the text you want to use, wait a moment and two options pop up, Quote and Reply. In this case I used quote. Then I use the Add Quote function when I created my reply.

I did.

Post #203.
It's right there.
Tom

Of course.
Tom

Um, okay. I am not interested in your gender identity. So....that means I think you don't exist and are not a person?

Okay Jan.

Jan? That’s mainly a woman’s name. Why are you misgendering me? :unsure:

But you ARE interested in people’s gender, very DEEPLY interested, even though it’s none of your goddamned business of course. You want to deny transgendered people their very identity. This is firmly established by your posts.

I can’t even ... Just, wow. What a pathetic specimen you are.
Denying my very personhood!

I didn’t deny it. I correctly identified you. You ought to be down with that, since you seem to think you are the arbiter of everyone else’s personal identity.

If so, it's easy to do. Highlight the text you want to use, wait a moment and two options pop up, Quote and Reply. In this case I used quote. Then I use the Add Quote function when I created my reply.
I mean in my post 224 I inserted the link into the text and the display — at least in my browser — shows both the link itself and below it the highlighted text. I’ve never seen that happen before when inserting a link into text.

I mean in my post 224 I inserted the link into the text and the display — at least in my browser — shows both the link itself and below it the highlighted text. I’ve never seen that happen before when inserting a link into text.
Feature of the new software. It automatically parses links.

Jan? That’s mainly a woman’s name.

Is it? I only know two Jans - and they are both men. It's a Scandinavian version of 'John'. It might be a name mostly given to women in the United States, but as I have to continually remind the Americans on this board: America is not the world.

Why are you misgendering me? :unsure:
I'm not misgendering you. I hardly know anything about you, much less claimed you were some type of gender.

"Sure, Jan" is a reference to The Brady Bunch Movie (1995)

It is my shorthand for saying "I am skeptical of your claims but this particular thread of conversation has already gotten too ridiculous for me to waste further energy on".

But you ARE interested in people’s gender, very DEEPLY interested, even though it’s none of your goddamned business of course.
This is false. I don't care about your gender and I would not ask. It has no relevance to me. I don't care about your star sign either.

You want to deny transgendered people their very identity. This is firmly established by your posts.
Repeating your baseless claim certainly works to cement misinformation in people's brains, but it's still misinformation.

I didn’t deny it. I correctly identified you. You ought to be down with that, since you seem to think you are the arbiter of everyone else’s personal identity.

I am the arbiter of my own perceptions, pood.

Feature of the new software. It automatically parses links.

So it will show both the link itself, and the text below it highlighted with the link embedded in it, as it does in my post 224? That seems kinda weird.

Is it? I only know two Jans - and they are both men. It's a Scandinavian version of 'John'. It might be a name mostly given to women in the United States, but as I have to continually remind the Americans on this board: America is not the world.

I'm not misgendering you. I hardly know anything about you, much less claimed you were some type of gender.

It is my shorthand for saying "I am skeptical of your claims but this particular thread of conversation has already gotten too ridiculous for me to waste further energy on".

Sure, Jan.

Sure, Jan.

I am glad to have helped broaden your cultural horizons.

Sure, Jan.

I am glad to have helped broaden your cultural horizons.

Unfortunately the intelligent people here are unable to broaden yours.

Back
Top Bottom