• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

San Jacinto Pct. 1 deputy killed while working extra job at mall in Sharpstown, HPD says

Gospel

Unify Africa
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic Atheist

Deputy Neil Adams; wife
"My husband always said you can either be a sheep or a sheepdog and I want everybody to pray for all the sheepdogs out there that are protecting everybody," said the deputy's wife, Dee Dee Adams. "They get a bad rap and they just want to protect. That's what they want to do in their heart. Everybody's turned their back on them and everybody should pray for all of them because they're here for you."

That just saddens me man. I truly hope that's not how officers feel. That the public has turned their backs on them. I appreciate what they do, and I recognize that they play a crucial role in my everyday life, even in those moments I'm not thinking about them. I suppose it's entirely possible that with all the attention officers that make the wrong decisions get that the general perception is law enforcement is hated by the majority. I honestly don't think that's the case. I don't know anything about Deputy Neil Adams, but by default, he was one of the good ones in my eyes. I appreciate her sharing her thoughts with us & hope with the help of the community (public & private) she may live out the rest of her life in as little pain as possible.

News is the suspect was black (yes it's important) & had a lengthy criminal history. Overall I feel like the community and law enforcement have been letting each other down. We don't seem to agree that strong law enforcement and a strong commitment to the communities' safety can mix nor do we seem to believe that accountability & support from both the community and Law enforcement towards each other is something to aim for. I just see self-interested language leaving the need to avoid encouraging or giving the appearance of support for bad elements while trying to address the concerns.

Back
Top Bottom