• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Scranton vs Park Avenue

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
Sleepy Joe is trying to turn the tables on Trump, claiming that he, Joe Biden, is the forgotten working man's candidate, hailing from a middle class family while Trump is an Ivy Leaguer heir to a $400,000,000 fortune, with gold fixtures in the bathroom of his private jet.
Line of the day, from Al Sharpton, (to whom I rarely listen): "5th Avenue gold toilet elitist all the way. Even when he talks about shooting someone - it's on 5th Avenue!"

In the process of "going there" Biden did go a long way toward dispelling and defusing the Russ-publican claim of Biden's cognitive issues. In fact, right now he's on TV sounding so much more coherent and informed than Trump has during his entire tenure, that the cognitive decline 'issue' is likely to harm Trump more than Biden going forward.

Claiming the populist ground seems like an obvious tack to take, given that the economy is the only area of widespread concern on which Trump holds a polling advantage and the number of people who can't pay rent, are on unemployment, on the brink of bankruptcy etc.. . Still, I wonder if this can possibly hold any sway with Trump's "working man" base. My sense is that it will not, unless those people can first be convinced that Trump couldn't care less if they suffer and die. The mere fact that it's true that Joe is middle class and Trump is a silver spoon brat isn't likely to impress any of The Base, obviously.
But maybe some of the lesser billionaires will start thinking, though ... "hmmm... Joe might have a point; I don't have gold bathroom fixtures on MY private jet... "

I've enjoyed listening to Soledad O'Brian and Stephanie Ruhle cry about it.

But yes, taking the populist position is obvious.

But really, Joe Biden needs to do more of this. The fact that he is really the Senator from MBNA and not "Scranton Joe" is really irrelevant.

But really, Joe Biden needs to do more of this. The fact that he is really the Senator from MBNA and not "Scranton Joe" is really irrelevant.

Probably... but Trump is pretty stupid. It could become Deutsch Bank vs Bank of America.

Back
Top Bottom