• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sen. Feinstein Claims She Received Info On Kavanaugh And Sent It To FBI

ZiprHead

Substitute Looney
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/13/politics/kavanaugh-feinstein-letter-fbi/index.html

"I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court," Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said in a statement. "That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further, and I have honored that decision."
"I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities," she added.

Two sources briefed on the matter said it relates to allegations of misconduct by Kavanaugh while he was in high school. There is no criminal investigation into Kavanaugh as a result of this letter, an FBI official said.

Weird...

Ya, if they’re pulling out shit he did in high school, they’ve already given up.

Word on the street is an alleged attempted rape while in High School.

Problem with this is that short of any evidence, the time that has passed since then, and the actual lack of a rape (alleged) provides a he said she said accusation. Story over, regardless if it is true.

...wait... what was that?

article said:
Top Republican lawmakers are already jumping to Kavanaugh’s defense. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), chairman of the Judiciary Committee, released a letter signed by more than 60 women who have known the nominee.

“We are women who have known Brett Kavanaugh for more than 35 years and knew him while he attended high school between 1979 and 1983,” the letter said. “For the entire time we have known Brett Kavanaugh, he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect. We strongly believe it is important to convey this information to the Committee at this time.”
WHAT?!

article said:
The women describe the young Kavanaugh as an “outstanding student and athlete with a wide circle of friends.”
He was popular! He couldn't have raped (or attempted to rape) anyone because he was a popular athlete/student. :eek:

So we go from, this can never be cooberated without the accomplice to WTF?! They had a letter signed by 60 people that knew Kavanaugh up to 35 years ago?! for an allegation that came out yesterday?

Talk about giving a scandal wheels!

Word on the street is an alleged attempted rape while in High School.

Problem with this is that short of any evidence, the time that has passed since then, and the actual lack of a rape (alleged) provides a he said she said accusation. Story over, regardless if it is true.

...wait... what was that?

article said:
Top Republican lawmakers are already jumping to Kavanaugh’s defense. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), chairman of the Judiciary Committee, released a letter signed by more than 60 women who have known the nominee.

“We are women who have known Brett Kavanaugh for more than 35 years and knew him while he attended high school between 1979 and 1983,” the letter said. “For the entire time we have known Brett Kavanaugh, he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect. We strongly believe it is important to convey this information to the Committee at this time.”
WHAT?!

article said:
The women describe the young Kavanaugh as an “outstanding student and athlete with a wide circle of friends.”
He was popular! He couldn't have raped (or attempted to rape) anyone because he was a popular athlete/student. :eek:

So we go from, this can never be cooberated without the accomplice to WTF?! They had a letter signed by 60 people that knew Kavanaugh up to 35 years ago?! for an allegation that came out yesterday?

Really! That was extremely quick for such a response. That had to have been pre-planned on.

Really! That was extremely quick for such a response. That had to have been pre-planned on.

Well, that's a good thing. Considering all the problems which previous Trump appointees have had due to a complete lack of any sort of vetting process, it's nice to know that this time they sat down beforehand and discovered potential issues for the nomination so they weren't blindsided by them later on.

Sure, it would be nice if the result of this vetting process had been "Oh my, this guy's a rapist? Maybe we shouldn't put him on the Supreme Court then", but ... baby steps.

Also, since he's a 60 year old man who's being accused of raping a high school student, can we start calling him a pedophile? You know ... just to piss people off.

The original notice of this came in July, so I suppose it is possible that the GOP got wind of it, and started a campaign to provide cover or create a response. The thing is, they aren't saying this is what happened. All they are doing is:

Press: Woman claims Kavanaugh tried to rape her in high school.
GOP: That is nonsense. Look at this letter with 65 signatures of women that knew Kavanaugh back in high school that say he was too popular to try and rape someone.
Press: Wow... that was pretty quick.
GOP: *crickets*
Also, since he's a 60 year old man who's being accused of raping a high school student, can we start calling him a pedophile? You know ... just to piss people off.
Isn't there that unsolved rape and murder of that teenager that Kavanaugh didn't deny being involved in?

Brett Kavanaugh Accused Of Attempting To Sexually Assault A Woman In High School

Sadly, I suspect that not even this will stop this bastard's confirmation....

A woman is accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of attempting to sexually assault by locking her in a room and forcing himself on her at a party while they were both in high school.

Kavanaugh, in a statement to The New Yorker, which broke the details of the encounter, denied the claim.

“I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation,” he said. “I did not do this back in high school or at any time.”

The woman, whose identity is still not public, sent Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) a letter in the summer, after Kavanaugh was nominated, sharing her concerns about him.

From The New Yorker:

The allegation dates back to the early nineteen-eighties, when Kavanaugh was a high-school student at Georgetown Preparatory School, in Bethesda, Maryland, and the woman attended a nearby high school. In the letter, the woman alleged that, during an encounter at a party, Kavanaugh held her down, and that he attempted to force himself on her. She claimed in the letter that Kavanaugh and a classmate of his, both of whom had been drinking, turned up music that was playing in the room to conceal the sound of her protests, and that Kavanaugh covered her mouth with his hand. She was able to free herself. Although the alleged incident took place decades ago and the three individuals involved were minors, the woman said that the memory had been a source of ongoing distress for her, and that she had sought psychological treatment as a result.

The classmate who was reportedly with Kavanaugh said he has “no recollection” of the incident.

CNN also reported that Kavanaugh allegedly tried to remove the woman’s clothes and that she later sought medical treatment:

Both men were drunk, she said, and Kavanaugh attempted to remove her clothes.

At one point, Kavanaugh was on top of her laughing as the other male in the room periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh held his hand over her mouth at one point, and she said she felt her life was inadvertently in danger.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brett-kavanaugh-rape_us_5b9bc8e0e4b04d32ebf7dedf

Assuming this incident happened there is a good chance he has done sexually coercive things again. So, will there be a parade of women coming forward?

Here we have someone with clear evidence of committing multiple perjury, supporting clearly unconstitutional racist policies (again also perjuring himself over said comments), extremely suspicious financial records, and a host of other issues being seen in confirmation hearings for a seat where those are literally the biggest deal breakers imaginable for holding that seat. It's almost CUTE that anyone thinks that a sex scandal will be what breaks this camel's back... particularly after that garbage went down in Alabama over a known PEDOPHILE almost getting reinstated.

Assuming this incident happened there is a good chance he has done sexually coercive things again. So, will there be a parade of women coming forward?

The GOP won't care. They might even like having an abuser on the court.

supporting clearly unconstitutional racist policies
Like what for example? Also please cite the Article/section of the constitution the policy violates.

particularly after that garbage went down in Alabama over a known PEDOPHILE almost getting reinstated.
Only under Underseerish inaccurate definition of "pedophilia".

Sadly, I suspect that not even this will stop this bastard's confirmation....
Why should it? It's an unsubstantiated, anonymous accusation of something that allegedly happened 35 years ago.

P.S.: If you are ever nominated to SCOTUS, what's to stop me or anybody else from penning an anonymous letter and sending it to a couple of senators?

- - - Updated - - -

I am surprised Underseer hasn't started a thread already making just such a claim. Usually he is on top of these kinds of things.

65 women, many of whom have moved or changed names.

Who knew him when he was attending what the letter itself describes as a "all-boys school".

And this entire thing was successfully put together in a day, or held under wraps for months, by today's GOP.

Not that this particular letter matters, but I do not believe the above story.

I also find this curious. Quite bizarre.

supporting clearly unconstitutional racist policies
Like what for example? Also please cite the Article/section of the constitution the policy violates.

particularly after that garbage went down in Alabama over a known PEDOPHILE almost getting reinstated.
Only under Underseerish inaccurate definition of "pedophilia".

So, judging from your comment and the fact that you are ignoring his defense of the Chinese Exclusion Act in his emails as well as his defense of racial profiling? I'm not going to dig into references that you have already been provided, nor will I indulge your feigned ignorance. I'll also interpret your defense of him as accepting that he purjored himself in front of congress as fact. So if being high on weed is enough justification to SHOOT someone dead in the street, I should probably report you to the FBI with how you think this should be handled.

At any rate,you are throwing a tantrum because the usage of pedophile changed in a way that you don't like, probably because I would be willing to bet it applies to you. For the record, I really don't care if someone gets a boner from pre-pubescent images; I care that someone thinks somehow that it is ethically acceptable to have an asymmetrical relationship, particularly with someone utterly incapable of understanding the full ramifications of such a relationship.

Back
Top Bottom