• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Senate Intelligence Committee subpoenas Donald Trump Jr.

Maybe the Republicans are starting to crack*, maybe they think Don Jr. can provide exonerating information. I agree it's a little perplexing.

*Yeah, I laughed a little about that too.

Well, they've been doing their investigation for a while, now. They've asked Don Jr a few questions before. This is only news because he's whining. The deal was that he'd only have to testify once, and now they're going back on the deal, so he's refusing to play along.

It's because the walls are closing in!

It's always because the walls are closing in.

Well, they've been doing their investigation for a while, now. They've asked Don Jr a few questions before. This is only news because he's whining. The deal was that he'd only have to testify once, and now they're going back on the deal, so he's refusing to play along.

No, it's news because it's the Republican controlled Senate that's doing it.

Richard Burr, one of the senators that would run to the White House to report any tidbit going on in investigations to Bonespurs, is the head of the intelligence committee. General consensus is that he thinks Donnie Jr. will exonerate.

Considering the lip service that Republicans gave Barr when he testified and Barr got creamed by the Dems, I wouldn't be so sure of this being a smart plan.

Well some Republican politicos are publicly demurring on this.

Back
Top Bottom