• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

She Can't See Russia From Here..Or Apparently, a City of 3 Million People.

Ford

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Just don't knock on my door on a Saturday Morning
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2015/02/sarah_palin_uses_papago_park_in_heart_of_phoenix_to_portray_middle_of_nowhe.php

Sarah Palin's new video ad for the Sportsman Channel's Amazing America show shows the former vice presidential candidate hitchhiking in the middle of the desert.

Except as every Phoenician would know, the right-wing celeb is actually in Central Phoenix, at Papago Park.

Seriously. It is a very nice area, but it is on the border between Phoenix and Scottsdale. Not exactly the wilderness.

Not even close.

What! A make believe setting in film?
Next you'll be telling us Luke Skywalker's home wasn't really filmed on Tatooine.

But she's pretending to be hitchhiking in a park for a tv show.

The century is still young but this must be one of its great outrages. So far.

First thing, there is nothing real about reality TV.

Oh, and WWE wrestling isn't real too.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2015/02/sarah_palin_uses_papago_park_in_heart_of_phoenix_to_portray_middle_of_nowhe.php

Sarah Palin's new video ad for the Sportsman Channel's Amazing America show shows the former vice presidential candidate hitchhiking in the middle of the desert.

Except as every Phoenician would know, the right-wing celeb is actually in Central Phoenix, at Papago Park.

Seriously. It is a very nice area, but it is on the border between Phoenix and Scottsdale. Not exactly the wilderness.

Not even close.

It's the New Times. It's admittedly been a long time since I was there but when I lived there the New Times was utterly untrustworthy in it's reporting.

My best example of their problems was an article showing how the police shot the guy in the back, complete with a sketch of the scene showing the cop firing from behind and the bullet entering his side and leaving his back.

Not even close.

It's the New Times. It's admittedly been a long time since I was there but when I lived there the New Times was utterly untrustworthy in it's reporting.

My best example of their problems was an article showing how the police shot the guy in the back, complete with a sketch of the scene showing the cop firing from behind and the bullet entering his side and leaving his back.

Well, in this case the journalism is a bit shoddy because I watched the ad and I see no particular claim she is supposed to be "in the wilderness" or anywhere in particular.

However, I think she is pretty clearly guilty of pretend hitchhiking just the same, even if it's not in pretend wilderness.

Plus, she is also apparently guilty of pretend hitchhiking to America while in America. That seems to be the real scandal here.

Thanks. But the real credit goes to the ordinary TFTers who scour the interwebs to bring us a constant stream of Palin outrage updates.

However, I think she is pretty clearly guilty of pretend hitchhiking just the same, even if it's not in pretend wilderness.

Plus, she is also apparently guilty of pretend hitchhiking to America while in America. That seems to be the real scandal here.

I'll accept that she's pretending to hitchhike but so what?

As for hitchhiking to America while in America--sure of that? She's trying to get to the real America, not the nutcase territory she is in.

As for hitchhiking to America while in America--sure of that? She's trying to get to the real America, not the nutcase territory she is in.

Skreeeeeeeee

Well, in this case the journalism is a bit shoddy because I watched the ad and I see no particular claim she is supposed to be "in the wilderness" or anywhere in particular.

She musta took the wrong turn in Albuquerque.

Well, her sign just says "America" not "Real America".

And if you were going to add a qualifier to "America" based on the ad that qualifier would clearly be "Amazing" not "Real".

Back
Top Bottom