• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Should this "Karen" be locked up for falsely accusing an innocent Black?

She's already on probation.

Perhaps that's why she's being held without bond.
If so, it's gonna be really expensive to spring her from lockup.
Tom

Harrold's lawyer has made it explicit that they think the Ponsetto targeted Harrold 'because of the colour of his skin'.

I assume internet offense archaelogists have combed her entire social media history looking for evidence of anti-black bias and didn't find any--otherwise it too would be in the news.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlxZD_ciB9k&ab_channel=godawgs06[/YOUTUBE]

Fair enough.

She acted like a twit. Maybe she is a twit. I'm not seeing racism and I have no idea how such a charge could stick.

I think the Dad may have been wrong when he automatically assumed racism. And I think his lawyer and the media are milking it.

She will almost certainly have a rough time in county, unless they take measures to keep her isolated. I know they can do that in prison, but I am not sure if they can do it in jail.

I have been the guest of a few county jails, as well as a couple of city jails in my younger days. The county jails all had isolation cells, the city jails, not so much, they generally do not have as much room. Though I have seen them clear out booking cells to temporarily hold a single unruly guest. Arrestees also do not tend to stay in city jails very long before being released, or transferred to the county. Inmates often spend months in the county, so there is more need to be able to isolate them, and of course those jails are generally quite a bit larger.

She's already on probation.

Perhaps that's why she's being held without bond.
If so, it's gonna be really expensive to spring her from lockup.
Tom

Nah, it's because they need to do an extradition hearing.

^This.

In my experience, Violation of Probation isn't something that you get arrested for, it is something that happens after you are arrested. When the VoP paperwork is completed, if you are still in custody, you will be transferred to your ultimate destination for serving the time given in the paperwork. If you bailed out from your initial arrest, you will be asked to report to that facility to serve your time, and if you do not do so, you will be arrested and face further charges, and also get to spend more time as a guest of the system. One of those charges will likely be Fugitive from Justice, which this young lady is now facing. She will need to be extradited to NY to face those charges, but her VoP is likely already done, and there is NO bail set for VoP, you do your time, and that is it.

She will almost certainly have a rough time in county, unless they take measures to keep her isolated. I know they can do that in prison, but I am not sure if they can do it in jail.

I have been the guest of a few county jails, as well as a couple of city jails in my younger days. The county jails all had isolation cells, the city jails, not so much, they generally do not have as much room. Though I have seen them clear out booking cells to temporarily hold a single unruly guest. Arrestees also do not tend to stay in city jails very long before being released, or transferred to the county. Inmates often spend months in the county, so there is more need to be able to isolate them, and of course those jails are generally quite a bit larger.

Our county just built a new jail across the street from the sheriff complex-county court house-office complex. Accessed by a tunnel under the street. Tiny windows, six stories tall. Plenty of room for keeping bad people in isolation.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlxZD_ciB9k&ab_channel=godawgs06[/YOUTUBE]

Fair enough.

She acted like a twit. Maybe she is a twit. I'm not seeing racism and I have no idea how such a charge could stick.

I think the Dad may have been wrong when he automatically assumed racism. And I think his lawyer and the media are milking it.

Agreed. For anyone who is convinced its racism, what exactly is the evidence for this? Imagine you had to meet just the weaker standard of a civil case, i.e. "preponderance of the evidence". What would you say to back up your claim?

This woman is going to have to pay for her many misdeeds with a little jailtime, but unlike most people in a similar situation, her new found "celebrity" is going to follow her for the rest of her life, thanks to social media and the internet. Getting her life back in order after jailtime is going to be about 10 times harder than usual. It makes no sense that she's singled out for additional hardship just because a few race baiters have got their panties in a bunch. That being said, I will say that I find her to be a rather disgusting person...at least at this point in her life.

So ruby sparks, are still feeling tingly "down there" after seeing more videos and pictures of her? I'm guessing...no. :)

Agreed. For anyone who is convinced its racism, what exactly is the evidence for this? Imagine you had to meet just the weaker standard of a civil case, i.e. "preponderance of the evidence". What would you say to back up your claim?

I don't think anyone is saying racism alone is the reason Ponsetto accused and attacked Harris. She appears to be rather excitable and fairly pugnacious, and from what I see people posting online, those are generally considered to be the reasons for her actions. Whether or not racism was an additional factor is a valid question, though.

How many people had been in close proximity to Ponsetto in the minutes before she realized her phone was missing? Had Harris come close enough to have stolen it? Was he the only one? What made him stand out in her mind as a likely suspect?

The answer might be "because he's a black male teenager". Or it might be "because he's the first person she saw with an iPhone in his hand". Or it might be "because she's a twit".

We don't have enough information about the woman or the circumstances to say.

I'm to busy being upset about the assaulted on a 14 year old. Tell you what, you touch my 14 year old son and you wont make it to fucking jail.

After watching the video more, I am convinced she has a narcissist personality disorder like Trump. I don't know if that can be medicated or if therapy helps. I don't think jail works as rehab but maybe she needs to be knocked down a peg. I could be wrong. I leave those decisions to professionals.

If someone wanted to go the armchair psychologist route, there are a few different things that might add context to her actions. But at the end of the day, who can say from such limited info? People with disabilities or atypical conditions get lumped in with enough negative stereotypes; no sense saddling them with this unfortunate case unnecessarily.

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/soho-k...ear-old-stole-her-phone-news.124466.html?_amp
SoHo Karen was shortly released from jail and made her way back to California. As she got off her flight from the Big Apple, a Daily Mail videographer asked Ponsetto, “Why did you think that kid took your phone? Because he was black?”

She replied, “No, because he did."

Her claim contradicts her own lawyer, who had insisted “she is sorry,” and blamed the attack on Ponsetto being a “scared girl” who “lost her mind for a hot minute.”

Does this attitude seem familiar? Says she's the best, says something was stolen that wasn't, justifies an attack, can say she is sorry with help of handler, but isn't...

Racist, narcissist, paranoid schizophrenic, drug addict, or all of the above...I leave this to professionals.

The article says she is being held without bail.

Seems like a waste of taxpayer dollars to me.

I get the impression that shutting off her credit cards and restricting her device to one Wi-Fi hotspot would easily keep her contained to a 50' radius.
Tom

She's already on probation. But apparently, she's still privileged enough to be able to travel 3000 miles from her home, use her cell phone, stay overnight at a hotel...which is weird because she said she was visiting family...during a pandemic?

I mean, we've been pretty much on lockdown and we are not on probation. She's on probation. Even worse: she violated her probation already and the probation officer ought to have said to stay home until her probation violation hearing after that.

But instead, she claims she stayed at a hotel to see family. She couldn't stay with them? She shouldn't stay with them because of the pandemic but then why go to NYC?

It makes no sense.

But when she attacked the boy, she wasn't staying at the hotel, though she had come back for a morning visit in an uber. I wonder what she was doing at the hotel?

She's already on probation. But apparently, she's still privileged enough to be able to travel 3000 miles from her home, use her cell phone, stay overnight at a hotel...which is weird because she said she was visiting family...during a pandemic?

I mean, we've been pretty much on lockdown and we are not on probation. She's on probation. Even worse: she violated her probation already and the probation officer ought to have said to stay home until her probation violation hearing after that.

But instead, she claims she stayed at a hotel to see family. She couldn't stay with them? She shouldn't stay with them because of the pandemic but then why go to NYC?

It makes no sense.

But when she attacked the boy, she wasn't staying at the hotel, though she had come back for a morning visit in an uber. I wonder what she was doing at the hotel?

I don't know but l looked at her instagram followings before she made it private. It had all the Trumps, each one, No other politicians, Kardashians, BLM, Proud Boys, and Arlo Hotels. Weird, isn't it?

The California woman dubbed "SoHo Karen" for allegedly attacking a 14-year-old who she believed took her cellphone was reportedly accused in a separate incident of damaging a New York City Airbnb, according to a recent report.

Miya Ponsetto, 22, allegedly damaged the door to an Airbnb in New York City’s East Village on Dec. 26 – the same day she was accused of trying to rob and assault the teenager – and used a fire extinguisher to try to get into an apartment after getting locked out, the New York Post reported.

An Airbnb spokesperson told Fox News Ponsetto "has been banned from Airbnb for violations of our community policies."
https://www.foxnews.com/us/soho-karen-miya-ponsettos-big-apple-crime-interview

There is a lot to unpack here.

Note that upon probably locking her keys inside the AirBnB, she feels entitled to break the door to get inside rather than calling someone to help. Her level of entitlement and panicked violence keeps showing up in documented events.

What did she call herself? "super sweet?" Yeah...um...she is like George Zimmerman's super sweet little sister.

The other thing...she claimed she was staying with relatives so why an AirBnB? And if she wasn't staying at the hotel, what the hell was she doing there? (jab's question)

An Airbnb spokesperson told Fox News Ponsetto "has been banned from Airbnb for violations of our community policies."

Surely Trump understands the problems people have "being banned for violations of our community policies".

Surely her mom could write a letter, paperclip a check to it, and get poor Miya pardoned.
I understand that there's a "Going Out of Business" sale at the White House right now!

You'll never get a better price Ponsetto. Call this number now.
Tom

Back
Top Bottom