• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Signs of dementia show up well before diagnosis

This should be no surprise. Plus there is a condition known as MCI, mild cognitive impairment, which usually occurs prior to full blown dementia. MCI has symptoms that may involved finances, bills, forgetting simple things, etc. Not everyone with MCI goes on to develop dementia but a large percentage do. Of course, anyone can make bad financial decisions or be victims of scams, but older adults are usually more likely to fall into that category. From what I remember, my late mother began having problems managing her money about a year or so prior to my recognizing further memory impairment.

Poor financial decisions, vulnerability to scams.

This should be no surprise. Plus there is a condition known as MCI, mild cognitive impairment, which usually occurs prior to full blown dementia.

I'm lucky that I have been bad and irresponsible with money all my life, and got scammed a lot in my youth.
It has definitely helped me build the defenses I'll need in my second childhood... :ROFLMAO:

I just heard on the news this morning a new treatment/delay of onset has been discovered. Vegan diet, no stress, meditation.

Details here. USA Today link.

Back
Top Bottom