• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

skill and personality tests for management

I once worked for a shoe, purse, and clothing retailer as well. I was a store manager, and everyone above me thought their test was a very accurate predictor of who would excel in the business. Personally, I thought it was a pretty basic and nothing special. Companies love that shit, it's mostly a fad.

Sounds about right.

So you are saying objectivity's validity is in doubt?

I will answer.

I think if something can be objectivily measured you can potentially develop a test allowing you to get the answer.

However, as I and other point out, these tests to find new employees often fail to do so. Various reasons have been given why.

So you are saying objectivity's validity is in doubt?

I will answer.

I think if something can be objectivily measured you can potentially develop a test allowing you to get the answer.

However, as I and other point out, these tests to find new employees often fail to do so. Various reasons have been given why.

The italicized and the bold I used as highlight in your reply changes the question in my query into an assertion of lack of this particular claim of objectivity's validity.

I will answer.

The italicized and the bold I used as highlight in your reply changes the question in my query into an assertion of lack of this particular claim of objectivity's validity.

I apologize. I am taking medication that may be affecting my faculties right now but find I just do not understand your comment. Could you rephrase it some way? thank you.

I apologize. I am taking medication that may be affecting my faculties right now but find I just do not understand your comment. Could you rephrase it some way? thank you.

1. tests that fail to find for what they are designed can't be either valid or objective. There may be some validity but to be actually valid a thing must result in what is intended.

2. Explanations listing various reasons are an admission of lack of validity and perhaps indicating a lack of objectivity.. Validity can be expressed as fractions from fro 0 to 1, or from invalid to valid. Objectivity is implied by what actually is the state of affairs.

Back
Top Bottom