• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

So is Trump just ignorant or is he that bad of a liar? (Child Care)

Trump claims now he opposed our entry into Iraq. But tapes of Trump speaking to the issue back then demonstrate he did no such thing. Liar! But the weird part is, even though he is fact checked again and again, he seems to think nobody will fact check when he lies! Either he doesn't care if he is caught out in a lie, or thinks that fact checkers don't exist. Or that nobody notices them.

I think you are mistaken in supposing that he knows he is lying.

I know one of these people. As soon as he wants it to be true, IT IS TRUE in his mind's history.
He could pass a lie detector test easily.
His condition (narcissism) expects to see conditions where he is right, best, strongest, smartest, richest. His brain expects this. And he will create a narrative to support it. It is done instantly in his brain and as soon as he pictures the answer that will make him appear the greatest, IT BECOMES HIS REALITY. Just like that.

You can actually look in their eyes and watch it happen. Reality has changed and he fully believes his new history. For as long as he needs to. Until it makes him not the best in the story, and then, poof! it's gone as if it were never there. And he fully believes that.

And this what makes him (among other things!) entirely unfit for president. He is completely susceptible to other leaders pulling his strings. Just make him feel like you think he's a tough guy for doing XYZ, and he will do it and think it was his own idea.

More dangerous than stupidity.
More dangerous than corruption.

And large numbers of Trump voters just do not care at all if he lies on a daily basis.

This part I just don't get.

I'm not sure "lie" is the right word--that implies a knowledge that it's wrong.

It feels more to me like he doesn't really know what reality is, he just says whatever he things the listener wants to hear.

That sounds like a reasonable assessment, at first. But Trump didn't say he ran an employee day care. He talked about the cost, employee setup, how to stock it, etc... He had two terms about kids and created an entire picture from nothing to support an employee day care, one where parents could even visit during lunch, that didn't ever exist.

Oh, I agree, he's not telling the truth. I'm just saying that he's so stupid about it that I'm not sure he knows what's true and what's not.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are mistaken in supposing that he knows he is lying.

I know one of these people. As soon as he wants it to be true, IT IS TRUE in his mind's history.
He could pass a lie detector test easily.
His condition (narcissism) expects to see conditions where he is right, best, strongest, smartest, richest. His brain expects this. And he will create a narrative to support it. It is done instantly in his brain and as soon as he pictures the answer that will make him appear the greatest, IT BECOMES HIS REALITY. Just like that.

You can actually look in their eyes and watch it happen. Reality has changed and he fully believes his new history. For as long as he needs to. Until it makes him not the best in the story, and then, poof! it's gone as if it were never there. And he fully believes that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I've never actually known anyone like this, though.

Back
Top Bottom