• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

So is Trump just ignorant or is he that bad of a liar? (Child Care)

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

Well it has been another day, so some other piece of shit lie that Trump has said has come to pass. This time about his wonderful employee child care programs that he has at his hotels and golf clubs. Trump Kids and Trumpeteers... yeah, Narcissistic Sociopath sort of stuff.

Anywho, Trump was at one such place elsewhere, and started talking up about how his companies do the exact same thing. It's cheap. To paraphrase, 'It's cheap. All you need are blocks, swings, a couple adults... BAM!!! Daycare!' That should be the funny part. :(

article said:
When asked about on-site child care, employees at Trump's hotels and clubs across the country expressed confusion and explained the two programs are for guests and members only.

"No, there's no child care," said Maria Jaramillo, 36, a housekeeper at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, where workers have been pushing Trump to sign a union contract.

In New York, where the Trump Organization is based, the city's health department database of child care centers has no record of any licensed facilities at any of Trump's properties, aside from a private school that leases space at 40 Wall Street.

Asked directly whether Trump's businesses offered child care to employees, his presidential campaign responded with a statement from Jill Martin, vice president and assistant general counsel at the Trump Organization.

"The Trump Organization is very proud of the family-friendly environment it fosters throughout its portfolio," she said. "The policies and practices allowing employees to enjoy a healthy work-life balance vary from property to property. We take an individualized approach to helping employees manage family and work responsibilities."
Fuck, can you imagine Trump trying to negotiate a deal with the Russians. "Oh no... we have 100,000 nukes... and are building 250,000 more of them! And they'll be great!"

Jebus! He should have named Tommy Flanagan his running mate!

I vote for liar. He lies all the time, and gets caught at it and doesn't care, because, so far, he has won the primaries despite his habit of lying. And its not just Trump. If you will remember, Romney lied so much fact checkers despaired of keeping up with him. It's a habit with GOP presidential candidates. American conservatives just don't care.

"So is Trump just ignorant or is he that bad of a liar?"

Is there any reason to think of those two traits as mutually exclusive?

So, when Trump complains about someone else about things that are factual and not opinion based, is he consistent and coherent?

I am sure he is a narcissist. Is there a video breakdown (by a mental health professional - or just armchair psychologist) of him speaking that demonstrates this?

This is maybe like GWB stuttering when trying to be compassionate, but being concise when talking about revenge?

Does HRC have character/empathic flaws that can be analyzed as well? What about this NPR interview with Terry Gross?

So, when Trump complains about someone else about things that are factual and not opinion based, is he consistent and coherent?
Well, that's just it.
When Trump complains about anything, at this point, it can't be acted upon or reacted to until the fact checkers make sure it's factual and not opinion based.
If he says the sky is blue, one has to ask if that's the entire country, or just where Trump is at, or was he talking about yesterday or was he in Seattle, but being sarcastic? Was he in Seattle, today, saying the Sky is Blue, but tomorrow will reinvent his statement as sarcasm?

Well, that's just it.
When Trump complains about anything, at this point, it can't be acted upon or reacted to until the fact checkers make sure it's factual and not opinion based.
If he says the sky is blue, one has to ask if that's the entire country, or just where Trump is at, or was he talking about yesterday or was he in Seattle, but being sarcastic? Was he in Seattle, today, saying the Sky is Blue, but tomorrow will reinvent his statement as sarcasm?

Crap, I screwed up that first sentence so badly. Must have had another idea and didn't backspace far enough.

Anyway, I meant ...

When Trump talks about factual, not opinion based, statements is he clear and consistent?

However, you are also right that he is so out there that his statement about his net worth being based on his mood shows that even this normal mode of thinking may be damaged for him.

I am sure he is a narcissist. Is there a video breakdown (by a mental health professional - or just armchair psychologist) of him speaking that demonstrates this?
He is a narcissist. Everything is about him.

This is maybe like GWB stuttering when trying to be compassionate, but being concise when talking about revenge?
What the fuck are you talking about?

Does HRC have character/empathic flaws that can be analyzed as well?
She is an opportunist who runs a charity I wouldn't consider giving money to.

Donald Trump lies all the time. He is at a day care and instead of saying "This is good work, I will try to institute policy that will make this more available to everyone", he invents, on the spot, some bullshit narrative about how he runs such things and makes up how much it costs, how it is staffed, how parents can visit their kids at lunch, and what the toys that are there to play with. Makes it all up on the spot!

Do you think a person like this can actually negotiate jack with another nation? Yeah... Canada, we already have potatoes... trillions of them. We grow them in every state, all 65 of the them. We will tariff your fungus infested potatoes from PEI and just eat our own, home grown potatoes... and we'll make you pay for it.

When Trump talks about factual, not opinion based, statements is he clear and consistent?
The OP isn't about an opinion, it is about Trump's awesome employee day care setup he has at his golf clubs and hotels... that doesn't actually exist. It was pretty simple stuff. Don't make up shit, no problem. But Trump decided, on the spot, to make some shit up.

It's gotten to the point where it's difficult to even react to something that Trump says because by the time anyone's had a chance to fact check it, he's gone on and said something even more controversial and the news cycle has moved on.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Gonna put this is spoiler box to not derail this thread:

http://www.serendipity.li/wot/conover01.htm

Mark Crispin Miller, author of The Bush Dyslexicon and professor of media studies at New York University, who also sees the darker Bush, said in a Nov. 28 interview with the Toronto Star, ""Bush is not an imbecile. He's not a puppet. I think that Bush is a sociopathic personality. I think he's incapable of empathy. He has an inordinate sense of his own entitlement, and he's a very skilled manipulator. And in all the snickering about his alleged idiocy, this is what a lot of people miss."

Miller said he did intend The Bush Dyslexicon to be a funny book, but that was before he read all the transcripts, which revealed, according to reporter Murray Whyte, "a disquieting truth about what lurks behind the cock-eyed leer of the leader of the free world. He's not a moron at all on that point, Miller and Prime Minister Jean Chretien agree."

"He has no trouble speaking off the cuff when he's speaking punitively, when he's talking about violence, when he's talking about revenge," Miller told Whyte. "When he struts and thumps his chest, his syntax and grammar are fine. It's only when he leaps into the wild blue yonder of compassion, or idealism, or altruism, that he makes these hilarious mistakes."

In a speech last Sept. in Nashville, trying to strengthen his case against Saddam, Bush's script called for him to say, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." But the words that came out of his mouth were, ""Fool me once, shame . . . shame on . . . you," followed by a long pause, then, "Fool me — can't get fooled again!"

Said Miller, "What's revealing about this is that Bush could not say, 'Shame on me' to save his life. That's a completely alien idea to him. This is a guy who is absolutely proud of his own inflexibility and rectitude."

Another example, Miller said, occurred early in Bush's White House tenure when he said, "I know how hard it is to put food on your family."

According to Miller, "That wasn't because he's so stupid that he doesn't know how to say, 'Put food on your family's table' — it's because he doesn't care about people who can't put food on the table."

Miller told Whyte, "When he tries to talk about what this country stands for, or about democracy, he can't do it."

"This, then, is why he's so closely watched by his handlers, Miller says not because he'll say something stupid, but because he'll overindulge in the language of violence and punishment at which he excels," Whyte wrote.

"He's a very angry guy, a hostile guy. He's much like Nixon. So they're very, very careful to choreograph every move he makes. They don't want him anywhere near protestors, because he would lose his temper," Miller said.

"I call him the feel bad president, because he's all about punishment and death," Miller told Whyte. "It would be a grave mistake to just play him for laughs."

A grave mistake, indeed.

If all that has happened since Bush was first mentioned as a possible GOP presidential candidate hasn't set off alarms, his naming of war criminal, mass murderer and international fugitive Henry Kissinger last week to head up the 9/11 investigation should have. And this week another alarm should have gone off when Bush promoted Elliot Abrams to lead the National Security Council's office for Near East and North African affairs, which oversees Arab-Israeli relations.

Bush must be stopped now, before he sets the world aflame. And set it aflame is what he intends to do, even if Iraq has no "weapons of mass destruction" or Saddam stands on his head, naked, on the White House lawn.

W wasn't a good speaker period. This isn't about George W. Bush. This is about a clinical narcissist who can't not lie.

Trump is a big liar. Check Politifact and the Washington Post fact checkers. He has earned many Pants on Fire ratings and numerous 4 Pinnochio awards. Truth and Trump aren't often associated with one another.

Trump is both liar and and ignorant. And I doubt his IQ is above 90.
So the guy who is a known liar, ignorant and stupid is running for president.

Trump is both liar and and ignorant. And I doubt his IQ is above 90.
So the guy who is a known liar, ignorant and stupid is running for president.
And ten million citizens of voting age have already said they want him to be their president.

We have a lot of dumb people in the U.S.

I'm not sure "lie" is the right word--that implies a knowledge that it's wrong.

It feels more to me like he doesn't really know what reality is, he just says whatever he things the listener wants to hear.

It feels more to me like he doesn't really know what reality is, he just says whatever he things the listener wants to hear.

I believe the technical term is  bullshit.

This is the word I used the other day when I heard that Ivanka understands working mothers because she is herself a working mom.

That sounds like a reasonable assessment, at first. But Trump didn't say he ran an employee day care. He talked about the cost, employee setup, how to stock it, etc... He had two terms about kids and created an entire picture from nothing to support an employee day care, one where parents could even visit during lunch, that didn't ever exist.

Trump claims now he opposed our entry into Iraq. But tapes of Trump speaking to the issue back then demonstrate he did no such thing. Liar! But the weird part is, even though he is fact checked again and again, he seems to think nobody will fact check when he lies! Either he doesn't care if he is caught out in a lie, or thinks that fact checkers don't exist. Or that nobody notices them.

And large numbers of Trump voters just do not care at all if he lies on a daily basis. Trump, if elected, will happily lie to all Americans and won't care at all if he is fact checked and proven a liar. If you liked Nixon, you'll love president Trump.

Back
Top Bottom