• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

So there's been another school shooting

Jaecp

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I'm only going to have one link in this OP, this one which is a petition to honor Chris Mintz for his heroic actions during a school shooting this week. I encourage anyone here to sign this and share it via their social media. We need examples, however tragic, of people doing their small part in a tragedy.

Anyway,

The main idea here.

We've had a few dozen of these so far this year. What is going on? What can we do to stop this? Just... help me understand why we can't take steps or what steps we could take that won't impact otherwise law abiding citizens. Otherwise open forum on gun control, I guess, I don't really start threads on this usually.

The secondary topic is that I fucking hate when the people who do these murders get their name popularized. I've intentionally skipped over the shooters name in coverage, muted my TV, and I'd much rather we give Chris Mintz a presidential medal of freedom or something than spend half a breath on the name of a killer

Back
Top Bottom