• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

So this is what stepping away from Company looks like?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

article said:
On Wednesday, Mr. Trump shared his support for Ivanka Trump, whose eponymous brand has been dropped by retailers in recent weeks. He tweeted, “My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person — always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!”

Last week, Nordstrom announced it would no longer sell Ivanka Trump products, citing “poor sales” as the reason for the changes. While the decision came on the heels of the president’s executive order to ban immigrants from predominantly Muslim countries, the company insisted that it had made a business decision. Yet behind the scenes, a company memo expressed support for immigrants and highlighted its diverse employee pool (Nordstrom denied any connection). A source close to Ivanka told Refinery29 of the decision, “They couldn’t handle the political pressure, someone new came in, and there was a change in the attitude toward the brand.”
Yup, stepping aside from the business includes publicly ridiculing companies that make decisions that don't benefit companies you have relations with.

Yeah, I saw that pathetic event. He can't even take a pass on the really trivial shit...

I think it will be more interesting to see if the GSA accepts Beavis (or was it Butthead) taking over as the chief executive of the Trump Old Post Office LLC. Don the Con evidently is still be the owner of the LLC, so the GSA may not except this fake divestiture. And if FFvC gifts the LLC to any of his children, they would have to pay taxes on that gifting. But as FFvC keeps his little empire deeply buried in a murky swamp, it will be harder to follow. The GSA however, should be able to demand to see just who owns what...

Ya, but Obama once ate a burger at a restaurant owned by someone he went to high school with, so liberals are just as bad.

Damn. I'm going to have to start following Twitler for investment strategies.

Hey, why worry when you can have your lackeys plugging your stuff too boot:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/09/news/kellyanne-conway-ivanka-brand/index.html
Conway made the plug Thursday in an interview with Fox News Channel, one day after the president attacked Nordstrom department stores for dropping his daughter's fashion line.
"This is a very successful businesswoman," Conway said, before offering statistics about how many stores sell Ivanka Trump merchandise and calling her a "champion for women empowerment."
"Go buy Ivanka's stuff, is what I would tell you," Conway said. "It's a wonderful line. I own some of it. I fully -- I'm going to just, I'm going to give a free commercial here: Go buy it today, everybody. You can find it online."

Billy Beer, now those were the days...

Hey, why worry when you can have your lackeys plugging your stuff too boot:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/09/news/kellyanne-conway-ivanka-brand/index.html
Conway made the plug Thursday in an interview with Fox News Channel, one day after the president attacked Nordstrom department stores for dropping his daughter's fashion line.
"This is a very successful businesswoman," Conway said, before offering statistics about how many stores sell Ivanka Trump merchandise and calling her a "champion for women empowerment."
"Go buy Ivanka's stuff, is what I would tell you," Conway said. "It's a wonderful line. I own some of it. I fully -- I'm going to just, I'm going to give a free commercial here: Go buy it today, everybody. You can find it online."

Billy Beer, now those were the days...
Wouldn't it be nice if this were the worst of the Trump issues so far?

Two of my favorite (in a disgusting sort of way) profiteering moves:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/do...nt-2017-02-09?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts
6. Trump announces that his Florida club Mar-A-Lago will be the "Winter White House" and then doubles the admission fees to $200,000.

7. Trump lets his daughter Ivanka sit in on his official meeting with the prime minister of Japan — while she is negotiating to license her clothing line to a Japanese company that is majority-owned by the government of Japan.

Two of my favorite (in a disgusting sort of way) profiteering moves:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/do...nt-2017-02-09?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts
6. Trump announces that his Florida club Mar-A-Lago will be the "Winter White House" and then doubles the admission fees to $200,000.

7. Trump lets his daughter Ivanka sit in on his official meeting with the prime minister of Japan — while she is negotiating to license her clothing line to a Japanese company that is majority-owned by the government of Japan.
That is so last month.

Back
Top Bottom