• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

So umm... do we need two (2) Special Prosecutors?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Yeah, remember the Russia thing? That needed a special prosecutor. But now don't we need another one for the Trump attempt to obstruct, then actually obstruct justice? Is Trump breaking every rule to overwhelm prosecution?

He was trying to protect Flynn from being prosecuted for lying about ties to Russia, so I think a single independent investigator will be sufficient.

He was trying to protect Flynn from being prosecuted for lying about lies to Russia, so I think a single independent investigator will be sufficient.
Russia would be irrelevant. This would be simply about the firing of Comey.

He was trying to protect Flynn from being prosecuted for lying about lies to Russia, so I think a single independent investigator will be sufficient.

If Clinton could be investigated for real estate investments and get impeached for lying about a blowjob, I'm sure someone could connect the firing of Comey to protect someone who lied about Russian contacts with Trump's own (alleged) collusion with Russia.

If Clinton could be investigated for real estate investments and get impeached for lying about a blowjob, I'm sure someone could connect the firing of Comey to protect someone who lied about Russian contacts with Trump's own (alleged) collusion with Russia.
Or his lying about yellow rain :D

Yeah, but I'd like Trump to quit sooner than later. Sure, it could actually be in the short-term interest of the nation to put a boot on DC which prevents Ryan and McConnell from passing dreadful legislation that turns back the clock in America quite a while, which would also ensure an ass reaming like defeat of the Republicans in '18, but I don't think that would be in the long-term interests of the nation, as the Republicans will just try to get revenge down the road like they did with Clinton. So multiple Special Prosecutors and first one to get to impeachment level charges wins.

Considering the accusations are based on timed leaks which are vague and unsubstantiated, it would be better to get an impartial person or team to investigate the validity the the various claims that exist. Then review any new ones which are 'leaked' or however they appear.

Those which are unsupported with specific and actual facts can be officially closed out. So far no conclusions are possible on any of the accusations so there is no need at this stage to involve a prosecutor. Certainly the one regarding Russian secrets seems to have largely deflated.

Given the timing of orchestrated media attacks there seems to be a failure of the FBI to maintain security of information This is where partial releases of statements such as supposed un-named secrets given to the Russia which now seem out of context to what happened.

Are there any co-conspirators involved and is the objective a coup?

So far it seems that any investigation is for a prosecutor to raise things to impeachment level. This cannot be done on the basis of half baked assertions.

Considering the accusations are based on timed leaks which are vague and unsubstantiated, it would be better to get an impartial person or team to investigate the validity the the various claims that exist. Then review any new ones which are 'leaked' or however they appear.
I bet you know some Russian Businessmen who'd be perfect for the job. :)

Those which are unsupported with specific and actual facts can be officially closed out. So far no conclusions are possible on any of the accusations so there is no need at this stage to involve a prosecutor. Certainly the one regarding Russian secrets seems to have largely deflated.
Only in your imagination. At best, the Trump Admin defense is "We don't trust Trump enough to tell him enough information."

Given the timing of orchestrated media attacks there seems to be a failure of the FBI to maintain security of information
The Comey document is not classified.
This is where partial releases of statements such as supposed un-named secrets given to the Russia which now seem out of context to what happened.

Yeah, the leak by Trump has pushed the Republican power brokers to open the sluice gates and wash Trump out.

So far it seems that any investigation is for a prosecutor to raise things to impeachment level. This cannot be done on the basis of half baked assertions.
Trump isn't getting impeached. Info will be gathered, plopped on the table, and the Republican power brokers will tell Trump where things stand.

Considering the accusations are based on timed leaks which are vague and unsubstantiated, it would be better to get an impartial person or team to investigate the validity the the various claims that exist.
You know we can do both, right?
Journalists bring the smoke to people's attention, then investigators look to see if there's substance behind the story.
Those which are unsupported with specific and actual facts can be officially closed out. So far no conclusions are possible on any of the accusations so there is no need at this stage to involve a prosecutor.
I'd say you're wrong.
You're pretending that the only information available on any accusation is the stuff that's been published. You ignore the investigations that do not publish their findings in advance of prosecution because they're not supposed to.
The question of whether or not a prosecutor is necessary needs to be made by people with access to the actual investigations, not people reading news stories about some leaks.
Certainly the one regarding Russian secrets seems to have largely deflated.
Fingers crossed, WP. Or maybe they just have all realized the stakes involved and the leaks have cut themselves down. Or maybe people who were making leaks are saving it for the book they're going to publish in 2018.
Given the timing of orchestrated media attacks
I don't see all that much coordination. Looks more to me like Trump and everyone around him is in over their head and everything they fucking do is noteworthy.
Occam's razor would suggest we don't need a conspiracy if we can explain everything by Trump and his posse being the political equivalent of a monkey fucking a football in an aquarium under a strong light.
You keep saying this.
You keep being wrong.
If enough votes are there, they can impeach for half-baked assertions. They can impeach for Miss Cleo reading Donald's horoscope on CNN. They can impeach for his not being able to tell the same story twice in a row to defend any action he's taken.
They can impeach for his hairdo, if they want.

Back
Top Bottom