• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Speaking of heritage...

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
The GOP keeps screaming about history with respect to the Confederate Flag.
How about their more recent heritage?

POHqVgI.png

View attachment 29220

Got some verifiable source for those? (I'm not doubting them, I just want to be able to prove it and a image like that isn't proof. This is consistent with the Republicans from when my father was involved in politics in the 60s.)

View attachment 29220

Got some verifiable source for those? (I'm not doubting them, I just want to be able to prove it and a image like that isn't proof. This is consistent with the Republicans from when my father was involved in politics in the 60s.)

I am so old that I REMEMBER it. Most Americans alive today are so young they DON'T BELIEVE it.
The whole truth doesn't fit in a meme, but if you are in the latter category it is worth a few minutes to blow your mind....

The American Presidency Project - Republican Party Platform of 1956

View attachment 29220

I am so old that I REMEMBER it. Most Americans alive today are so young they DON'T BELIEVE it.
The whole truth doesn't fit in a meme, but if you are in the latter category it is worth a few minutes to blow your mind....

The American Presidency Project - Republican Party Platform of 1956

It's not blowing my mind at all, it's consistent with my understanding of what the Republicans used to be. It's just I want to be able to prove it. Thank you for the link.

First, placement of this thread?? If this is the current state of 'freethought humor', then I might have to hang out with some local chucklesome Episcopal pastors to get my giggle fix.
Anyway, in the 50s, the top US tax rate was 91% (we were actually paying off a war instead of keeping it on the national Mastercard.)
Ike initiated a highway construction system that would finally run to about $114 billion.
I believe this substantiates a case that Ike was a Commie. And Mamie was most likely Antifa.
Trump would call them both dumb as rocks and the scum of the earth.

Back
Top Bottom